1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pickups?? preamp?? strings?? new bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SSCBA, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Hi,

I have a spector legend 5 and feel that it sometimes sounds very thin and trebly,´(use .40 nickel strings) so I'm thinking to upgrade pickups or preamp or maybe other strings?? I use Magma made in Argentina that are used by many well known bassists here such as javier malosseti. I have near U$s 100 to spend, and the problem is that if I change pickups (EMG-DC40 active) I only can buy one unit and my bass uses two . what happens if i put an active pu at the neck and let the passive EMG-SSD at the bridge? it works?? how many batteries do I have to install?
    thanks

2. Lowpro

Lowpro

Sep 25, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    all EMGs have a modern trebly feel ( in my opinion though)

I use my NS-4 and to get less treble or punch I just mess with my bass head. If you want to keep the pups ( can't get much better EMGs than the stock Legend, again this is my opinion) cahnge out the preamp. There are too many to recommend and I haven't personally changed mine so I guess read up in the appropriate forum =\

Wish I could be more help