1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pickups used in Sadowsky Metro?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassfart, Nov 7, 2010.

1. bassfart

bassfart

May 5, 2008
    I just received my first Sadowsky Metro Vintage J 5 and it is killer. Does Sadowsky use their own pickups, or do they use pickups from another company like Nordstand or Delano? I am keeping things the same for now, but has anyone used different pickups in their Metro and had some amazing results? I play all styles of music ranging from Funk to Metal and all pionts in between, and so far this bass seems like it can do it all.

2. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    I think Sadowsky makes his own pick ups. To be specific your Metro if all stock it should have Sadowsky hum cancelling pick ups. People that don't like the HC switched to SC's that Sadowsky offers in his store.

3. Roger uses Dimarzio Ultra J hum cancelling pickups (custom wound for him... not sure to what extent) as his stock pickup. They sound very nice, as you know. There is a nice clip of Roger and the Dimarzio guys talking on the Dimarzio site (I think).

Some prefer his single coil J pickups, which are made by Seymour Duncan and I think more recently, by Nordstrand. Again, not sure how much custom work is done on these based on their stock offerings.

The Sadowsky singles have a bit more grind and mid presence, and a bit less sizzle than the deep and a bit more modern voiced HC pickups IMO.

All good stuff. If you want a little tighter low end and a more traditional top end, the Sadowsky singles are great.