1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pickups with low volume

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wolfbass, Oct 27, 2009.

1. wolfbass

wolfbass

Sep 5, 2009
    mexico
    hello my friends, i have a problem and dont know what it is. i have a bass with MM style pickup and a j-bass pickup one day i disconected the j-bass pickup to see something and then put it back i did not do anything else that i know, when i conected the bass to my amp. the D & G string sound much lower than the other strings i dont know what happen!!!when i play just the MM pickup with my fingers the bad sound its obvious D & G sound like 40% of volume and rest sound 100%. on the j-bass pickup you can tell the lower sound when i do slap, when i play with my fingers it not that obvious.

when i put the balance in the middle for both pickups the sound on D & G goes even lower.

Can anybody tell me what happend? and what i can do to fix it if you need more info tell me