Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jmann, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I am going to route my old p-clone for J pickups & then replace the P pickups. I am looking at Seamore Duncan Active Lightnin' Rods. Anybody have experience with these pickups? Will it work? Anybody now where I can get a Kubicki pre amp? my bass will have the pickup routing like this

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    You'll get better responses (and less annoyed bass players) if you don't put a thread in Pickups and call it "Pickups". Be more descriptive.

3. Howdy Jmann, its Sean The Bassist here, you already know my thoughts on your project, so i'm just gonna bump your thread to the top to get ya some more responses.

4. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    thanks. I wish more people would respond because i need some more opinions.

5. me too
    what is your bass worth if its a clone..?
    your project sounds interesting and you may have to replace the P as well to get integrity in your sound...may cost more than another bass??
    :)

6. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    It won't cost more than the real Urge. I want to do this because the bass is special to me & I don't want it to lay there collecting dust. I was going to replace the P & get J pups too.