1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pics of 32" scale 1st build

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by cervusflies, Aug 20, 2007.

1. It's taking shape now.
    A couple more weeks, and hopefully I will be testing the tone.
    Being that this is my 1st build and a completely original shape, I've already noticed some things I would have done differently.
    body_fr_8-07.
    body_bk_8-07.
    joined_8-07.

2. scottyd

scottyd Commercial User

Nov 17, 2006
    Waco Tx
    Builder/owner Redeemer Basses
    Whoa your face is totally fubar.....:D all kidding aside the bass is looking sweet so far!

3. eleonn

eleonn

Aug 24, 2006
    Lima - Perú
    What would you like to change other than the headstock??? :D

4. That photo was taken before ProActive hit the market.

As for what I would change, I kind of think the neck could be rotated like 1 or 2 degrees from the point where the neck and body meet.
    Like bringing the headstock down a hair to change the center position of the bridge a bit.

I think once I get the hardware in place, I will know for sure. I go back and forth on this, so...

Don't like the headstock, eh. Can't please everyone (especially with headstocks). The paint scheme is actually going to lend alot to the appearance of the body and headstock, so I'm going to reersve judgement there, too. But the HS is one of the question marks.

customblue2.

5. Got the PU cavities routed, nut carved, bridge in place...
    pickups_8-26-07.

6. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    Classy!! And the headstock is very,very cool.

7. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    Looks heavy, but I guess I've never really lifted it TT

and of course the edit:

looks very nice, something I only dream of being able to do in the future

8. Not sure of the weight, but I don't remember thinking it was heavy.
    I've yet to strap it on, though. Can't wait to get the paint on it.

9. kris pung

kris pung

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    It’s coming along great. What pickups are you using?

I've got a parts bass w/ a mudd-bucker and split P wired V/V/T which I absolutely love its thick warm juicy tone. If you solo the mudd-bucker it’s more low-end then most amps can handle though.

10. DiMarzio Model 1 at the neck and DiMarzio Ultra Jazz at the bridge. Until a week ago, I didn't realize that the Ultra Jazz is a stacked humbucker, but I'm guessing the tone should turn out OK. I'm hoping, anyway.

My rig will handle up on the mudbuckers, an SVT4 pro with a cab that has 4 x 10 and an 18" woofer. BOOOOOOM!