Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of Carvin Bass kits??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk33, May 18, 2002.

1. dirk33

dirk33

Dec 11, 2001
    Chicago Illinois
    IS there anyone out there with some pictures of these kits, i'm thinking about getting one but i kinda see what the finished product looks like, thanks.

2. As I recall, there are pictures of the finished product--a Carvin B4 or B5--on the Carvin web site and in the catalog.
    There are alsopictures of the kit, and of the parts individually.

Mike

3. dirk33

dirk33

Dec 11, 2001
    Chicago Illinois
    there is one picture on their site but i wanted to see some pics of some that other people have done just to see if people liked them or not.

4. Here's an idea I had. Go over to Harmony Central and look up the reviews for that kit. Then email the people who wrote reviews and ask them for pics. That's what I would do.

www.harmony-central.com

From there follow the links to the gear review and you know the rest.

5. dirk33

dirk33

Dec 11, 2001
    Chicago Illinois
    thanks, i tried that now i'll just wait for those guys to reply, but if anyone out there has pictures or opinions on these kits either e mail me or post something, i need something to either make up my mind or change my mind, i'm right in the middle right now.

6. I was going to buy a kit just like you said. I was gonna get an Ash body, the HB pup and a few other things that I can't rememeber. The only reason I didn't was because I couldn't try it before I bought it. I talked to a friend of mine who works at a music store and he told me there's always a chance that I won't like how it feels. Then again there's a chance I might. But if I was gonna pay $800 Canadian then I wanted to be sure. So I got my Yamaha RBX765A. I really like it.

7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    my dad decided to make a guitars and basses.
    well his first bass he bought a carvin kit to get the feel of the basses and it turned out great!!!
    way better than a fender jazz in my opinion!!
    and i like fender.
    here is a pic.
    this is a 4 string with gold hardware
    and stringthrough body

he is actually building them now
    and this one is for sale
    steve
    sorry about the foot in the pic