Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of me and my bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 43apples, Jun 27, 2005.

1. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
  2. Bassist519

Bassist519 Guest

Feb 6, 2003
    Albany,New York
    Nice bass.... rock on :bassist:

3. reitedasc

reitedasc

Jun 23, 2005
    Norway
    Awsome bass. I love the fretted version and I definitly would have bought one just like yours... if they still were made. But I should`nt be sad, I have a Aria fretless coming my way :)

Du er en heldiggris erlend!

4. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    fin fretless, Erlend :D [​IMG]

5. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Very nice!

15 yrs old and playing fretless. Nice!

6. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks, everyone! :)

Yeah, i were just lucky for getting it. I walked into my local music store, and there it was! And i even had money... so i got it ;).

I love it, but there's a couple of things i dislike about it.... it's uncomfortable, weak truss-rod, rosewood fingerboard, bad pickups, bad finish, and a twangy sounding G-string....

But hey.... G.A.S works in mysterious ways! :D

Cheers,
    -Erlend

7. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    And by the way, you can hear it in this little song i made:

www.darkoceangame.info/x3000/thefeelingofdistrust.mp3

I played all the instruments myself, and be aware of bad playing and such, it was written, recorded and mixed in two hours in the middle of the nigth ;). I was 14 when i recorded it too, so my fretless intonation were really bad.

Thanks again,
    -Erlend

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Very nice bass! I'm 15 aswell, and actually in the process of building a fretless 4. It's Here if you wanna check it out.

Edit: I just listened to the clip you posted. Awesome work! Very groovy.

9. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks, Cerb!

Yeah, i've noticed your threads about bass projects, and i'm very impressed! We need more young bass buliders like you :)

Keep up the good work mate!
    -Erlend

10. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks again! :hyper:

Yeah, i'm pretty satisfied with the song myself. I believe i could do it much better if i just had the time and inspiration, after all it was just a slap together of some grooves i had ;).

11. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    How long have you been playing all of the instruments used on the track? You seem to have a really good grasp of all of the instruments used. The guitar work was very cool, and the piano (keyboard?) was great. At first I didn't like when it busted into the fuzzy, screachy metal sound, but the more I listened, the more I liked it. The only place the intonation on the bass sounded off was at the very end while the sound was fading. Needless to say, the track is going in the 'Talkbass Recordings' playlist of my iPod.

Bass is my main instrument, and I've had little experience with anything else. I've only been playing about 1 1/2 years, but I like to think I have a nice grasp on what I'm doing ;). I'd like to pick up some basic blues and jazz guitar technique, and maybe some sax aswell, sometime down the road.

12. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Thanks for the interest!

Well.... to make a long story short (or almost as long), i begun having insterest for music and playing keyboards when i were just 3-4 years, thanks to a very musical uncle of mine ;). When i were 5 years old, i used to play cristmas songs and stuff like that, etc....

I did a break on playing at all until i were 9-10 yo, and then i focused everything on my keyboard playing. I used to know all of Jens Johanssons keyboard leads ;). Then, when i were 11, i picked up bass and guitar, and forgot about my keyboard playing.

These days, i barely play, just 5 minutes a day, normally.

Anyway, enough about me... how did you get so good in buliding basses?! I'm jealous! :D

13. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Well, thanks for the compliment. This is really my first instrument. Heck, it's even my first real experience with woodworking. I've run into a lot of trouble with the thing thus far, and I wouldn't say that it will turn out perfect. It certainly isn't on par with a lot of the builders here. But, it's my first instrument, so that's to be expected.

I can already see that I love the work, and I imagine I will be building basses for a good part of my life as a second income of sorts. Then, of course, using the money made to build the next instrument. :cool:

14. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Very, very cool!

How did you get the skills to bulid a bass? And the workshop? Damn, i'm jealous now! :D

And oh, you've made a friend now, i look forward to keep in touch with ya! :)

15. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Heh, the workshop isn't much of a workshop. More of a garage with a lot of junk and an area I cleaned up for my stuff. As for the knowledge/skills, I learned most of what I needed from the Luthier's Corner :).