Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of my band, me, and the new bass!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JoeRules00, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Had a buddy come over and get some shots of us this past weekend, and I finally got em lookin' good and cropped down, so have a look-see! Also, let me know which picture you like better for use on a flyer, please.

2. pic #2 (this one without blinding camera flash)

3. Goin' at it a bit.

4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Use the second, the one with the kingston.:D hey, the guitar player (the one with the squire) looks too spooky:bawl:

5. They both got Squiers! :)

I know the one you're talkin about, the guy with the grey t-shirt. You know, I told the guys , "Hey, we're takin pics, so dress spiffy," with the thought in mind, boy I hope Max doesn't wear his Pompeii t-shirt. :)

6. Yarrrrrrrrrr
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Anguish!! Ow! I hurt!
    *wails*
    EEEEEEMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7. Trust me, we're very much not emo. I told them if we go emo, me and the drummer are out of there! :)

Me and him are very tight most times, usually improving stuff between songs that is the fuel for new originals. It's a blast working with an awesome drummer.

8. Then SMILE!!! Grin! do SOMETHING!

I hate it when bands stand around looking moody with their hands stuck in their pockets etc. It's one of my pet peeves! It makes them look like the biggest jerks in the world!

That and bands trying to be "goofy" because so many of them are really stupid. However, "goofy" photos sit well with me better than "moody" pics.

You do get bonus points for not having the photo in a trainyard or in front of a brickwall.

Kudos to you!

9. Danny R.

10. i think emo is the wannabe emotional music, the guys who sound they had a tough child hood and whatnot, when they had good parents with a good home. i think thats what it is, could be wrong.

but, ya, you all look to pissed off in the pictures. being in a band isnt something to be pissed off about(unless your singer is Avril Lavigne...)

11. Grandparents house is better, eh? :)

12. Got a better one, for the non-emotional picture haters, this one oughta appeal better, save the drummer. :)

13. Danny R.

Now that's a nice goofy picture.[​IMG] your guitar player (far right) still looks kind of spooky:D

14. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    their drummer has glowing sticks too!! :D

DM

15. Tell your drummer that Rufio rules!

Nice pics, but your guitar player (the one on the far right) looks deathly ill.:meh:

16. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The suburbia living room does nothing for me.:meh:

At least go out into the garage or something. Or a trainyard, now that would be cool!;)

Seriously, the "home is where the heart is" pillow really isn't rock and roll. :)

17. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Friggin' NICE bass though! :bassist:

18. Yeah, the living room is an awful backdrop for your photos.

- Too much background clutter going on
    - Really says nothing about your band.

YEAH, no more stupid trainyard/brickwall/chain-link fence/middle of suburbia crap pictures either.

Here's a band picture that I love:

My Bloody Valentine from ALLMUSIC.COM

So stupidly simple. Oh yeah, LOVELESS IS THE GREATEST FREAKIN' ALBUM IN ALL OF HISTORY!!!

19. Danny R.

Here, you can use my band's pic. use it as you see fit;) [​IMG]

20. You drummer looks like that guy in "Half-Baked"...Jim Bruer I think it is.

He looks kinda stoned...or very confused by his surroundings.