Pics of my customized MIM P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superfly, Aug 24, 2005.

1. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Here's some pics of a MIM P-bass I recently acquired pretty cheap. It has a nice neck and body, so I decided to rebuild it from the ground up. its a 2004 model with pretty much no dings or scratches.

I ended up taking off everything and replacing it with all new ,upgraded parts.

-Seymour Duncan 1/4 pound pickup
    -Gotoh 201 Bridge
    -Gotoh Vintage reverse tuners in black
    -Fender black pickguard with black screws
    -Black string guide
    -Black Dunlop straplock buttons
    -Fender "F" logo neckplate
    -CTS pots and Switchcraft jack with copper cavity sheilding
    -Mini chrome dome knobs
    -Labella flatwound strings

I think the mix of black and chrome parts gives it a cool badass look. Plus I don't like the look of black bridges or knobs.
    The chrome bridge and knobs are all within the same general area, so i think it looks cool.

It sounds and looks fantastic. Pro sound and feel all the way.

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001

Sweet!!! :hyper:
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Actually a lot of those are mods I always did to my MIM's. Black pickguards and new pickups, and the F neck plate. Though, may I ask why you opted for a mix of black and chrome hardware?

It looks great though.
  4. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I wanted something alittle different than the regular all black or all chrome. Kind of like my own signature look.
    Plus I really don't like the looks of a black bridge. looks kinda cheap to me.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds good, I like it, the body is au natural and the neck looks great with the black hardware.
  6. whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    So I'm not the only one that swapped out a backplate with an "F" backplace on an MIM? =D

Mine has a serial number on it, from a musicmaster bass - my first bass many years ago.
  7. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Looking good! That colour's always lovely with a black guard.