Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PICS OF MY FODERA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Here it is, finally.

Sorry for the delay ;)

2. superphat

superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    awesome bass, beautiful...
    i especially like the cool shadow.

3. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    I've 6 other pics, but they are too big so that I can't post them :bawl:

4. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    send them to me by email, I will edit them and post them if you want

JP

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Save them as jpegs instead of bmps. You can do that with Paint

Like this:

From 298kb down to 21kb.

BTW nice bass:D

6. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    Nice one......

I wanted to ask you how the B string with the extended peg is working on the 34"scale. Is there enough tension for low action and no buzz?

Thanks

7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I love the koa...I really shouldn't want more of these considering what I have and what's on the way but this one did it to me. I love the Garrison basses...

8. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    Very nice bass, nice one mate! :cool:

Andy

9. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence

Very good question!

Althoug I've never been so happy and enthusiast about a bass in 16 years of playing, I've to admit that it has a diferent low B; I mean: I' ve usually owned (or tryed) basses that were looking for tightness and compression on their low B, with very nice results (for example my Quantum fretless, or my sold pre-gibson Tobias); well, I feel that Fodera's philosophy for low B strings is quite different: they look for smoothness of felling, and an open, natural sound; the low b of my Fodera (and other ones I've tryed) is very smooth,and piano-like sounding, it is not tight and compressed; it slaps like an E string; once again, it reminds the low B sound Patitucci had on his ken smith (listen to his didactic videos); to tell you the thruth, I've some buzz on low B, and on some frets at the end of the fingerboard; I have to bring the bass to my luthiers because I feel it needs a set-up: I don't know if they did a good set-up at fodera's before shipping, but anyway you know what happens to a neck when a bass takes an aeroplane, as did mine obiouvsly.

I would be very, very courious to know about other fodera-players opinions about their low-B. Jared???

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The low B on my 36" scale AJ 6 is excellent, very controllable, deep and open sounding with a nice full range sound (not just low end thud). Great feel, slaps well, no buzz.

Construction is similar to yours but mine has Lane Poors and HAZ preamp. Probably makes a difference.

11. I love Figured Koa. Such a beautiful wood.

Nice bass, man!