1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pics of my Ibanez SR5005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Herrlster, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    I dont post here that often but I thought I'd show you guys my Ibanez SR5005. Finally got around to taking some pictures of it. I got it like 3 or so months ago.

Hpim0326.

Hpim0327.

Hpim0328.

Hpim0329.

Yeah, dont mind the crappy blanket. Just look at the bass

2. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    wow... im usually not a fan of ibanez(first bass... and the neck went crazy..) but that one is beautiful.. i wish they had one like that.. but with the old ibanez headstock

3. T-Funk

T-Funk

Jul 2, 2005
    USA
    Nice bass!

Is the SR5005 a new model? Recently I did not see the bass on Ibanez's website.

Ted

4. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Yeah same here i never knew about this one...but dang

Thats a mighty fine looking bass man.Wow

Ken

5. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    wow, that's boo-tee-full.

and i actually like the blanket. :p

6. Really nice looking bass!

7. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    heck with the bass - post more pix of that blanket!!!!!

8. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Whoa. It's very relaxing looking at that all day. Oh yeah, whoa, trippy!

In all seriousness, that's a sweet ride. Wenge/bubinga neck and all that. Is that an older model Ibby Prestige, because I thought the newer Ibby Prestiges were neck-through rather than bolt-on.

9. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah seriously. Appreciate the awesomeness of that blanket!

The bass is also nice. Although I myself arn't too big on natural finishes, I like the one you got there.

10. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    This is an older model. I bought it used for $400 CA. Thanks for the compliments of the bass... and blanket. haha.

11. That is one hell of a deal! Ibanez was making some great "Soundgear-with-a-twist" models in the mid 1990's, and it's a shame the scene at the time was completely retro. Models like these were amazing.

12. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    $400!? Wow, GREAT deal. The body is African mahogany, isn't it? It's sure pretty. :)

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Very similiar to the Sr3005e, which was my favorite ibanez.

14. jokerk874

jokerk874

Feb 27, 2006
    That bass is definatelya babe.
    The only thing that I'm not a huge fan of is the pic-ups... I'm not sure what it is about them, I just don't like how they look.
    Other than that, that's one sexy mother.

15. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    the new ones are, this is an older model. My sr1006 is neck through and the joint is so smooth. Very nice bass.

very nice bass to you too. I'm really liking it.

Greg

16. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    $400?!

Thats like...man, if you ever want to sell it for that much, give me a PM or somethin. Pretty....

17. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    back to the important stuff - how much was the blanket

no, I liked those Soundgears back in the day, they also made ash bodied ones with the slanted pickups - those were absolutely incredible!

18. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    The blanke was like $10 at a Pow Wow. Haha.

I love this bass, I actually tried selling it last month but no one wanted it. Last week I picked it up and started playing it and fell back in love with it.

19. Bassopotamus

Bassopotamus Guest

Mar 22, 2006
    Ocean Springs MS
    not a big fan of ibanez, but i love the natural finish and the overall look of it. i played a sound gear just like that at guitar center and fell in love with the sound that came out, really twangy and funky no matter what you play,

nice sheets

20. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe its a new model, I'm not sure if this bass is even marketed/ distributed here in the US.

Nice bass though Ibanez's are great bang for the buck. I've always been pleased with their instruments.