1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pics Of My Modded Pete Wentz Squier Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrhocson, Apr 19, 2009.

1. here it is guys my modded pete squier...i know the pic is small (sorry i used my phone's camera)....but yeah here it is ill try posting better pics soon :)

Attached Files:

2. just look at the attachment :)

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    sweet , so the tone knob is in front of the volume thats different

but looks good ! i love 1/4 pound pickups:eek:

4. Looks like he needed a knob and the one he had just happened to say TONE on it.

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Your dad would be proud. Its a sharp looking bass. Just remember, black is the home of fingerprints! Keep a cloth close at all times!

6. Soooo..... you installed a tone knob??

7. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    :meh:

8. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    If you guys read his other thread, you would know his mods.

His father gave him this bass shortly before he passed away. Show some compassion. :atoz:

9. thanks jordasch....but yeah i know the tone knob is in front of the volume its kinda weird but its all good :) and i just wanted to show you guys this because i just finished this about 3 days ago so i just wanted to share it with you guys :) and yeah jordasch i do have a cloth near by haha fingerprints are on this bass like crazy haha

10. and just to let you guys know the mods i did to it.........i changed the stock duncan designed p'ups to the quarter pounds and it has a badass bass bridge 2 on it and yeah the tone knob :)

11. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Youre very welcome.

And I keep a cloth with me anywhere I take my bass. Geddys are terrible for fingerprints. The only thing I dont like about mine! ;)

12. Are you going to be getting matching knobs for it?

13. dbassman59

dbassman59

Dec 19, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Very Cool .. How does it sound?

14. So the this model didn't come with a tone pot?

15. rustynuts... yeah i might actually put matching knobs on it but that can wait im not in a hurry to change it :) and for dbassman59 uhmm about the sound...it sounds much better than a typical squier but not as good as a fender...its got alot of growl and punch to it :) and for a squier it aint bad at all :)

16. thobbinghotrod....no pete wentz signature basses dont come with tone knobs on it..i had to go to the music store here and have them install one :)

17. I'm surprised the Pete Wentz model comes with any knobs.

18. ironrat

ironrat

Sep 24, 2008
    the mismatching knobs looks cool to me!

they say: "to the hell with looks, I am here mo be played"

4 thumbs up!

19. haha nice one rustynuts and to ironrat yeah the mismatching knobs are nice to look at haha but i think in the future im just gonna make them both chrome knobs :)

20. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    Its namesake sure doesn't.:bag: