Pics of my new Bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Sep 29, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I just got an Ibanez SR905. A great Bass at a great Price, I'm really digging it!! It's a neckthru with Flame maple wings and Korean Barts pickups and preamp. An excellent variety of tones and the neck plays like butter.

:bassist: :hyper:
  2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    :bassist: :hyper:[/QUOTE]

How would you describe its tone? How is the B string?

Looks very Nice!
  3. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    The B is nice and tight, The tone can be very bright to very beefy. It really is quite versatile.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Those are sweet! I tried one at GC. If I were looking for a mid priced 5 with narrow string spacing, they would be on my list.

They sound like anything else with the MK1 pickups and preamp. Some people don't like that setup, but I like it a lot. My wife's Lakland D55-01 has those, and on some days, it is my favorite sounding bass.
  5. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Yes, I was kind of concerned about the string spacing as I don't usually go for such narrow string spacing but the more I played this one the more it persuaded me that was not going to be a problem. I really dig the MK1's p/u and pre. For a mid priced Bass it is really sweet! :)
  6. nice how much was it? Can you get a very low action on it?
  7. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    I picked it up new at Sam ash for $727.00 and it was set up already with low action right out of the box. I did not have to do anything to it, it was setup perfectly!! I've been cranking on it all morning, the more I play it the more I LOVE IT!! Wahoooooo!! :bassist:
  8. Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    Glad it's treating you well!
  9. Very nice! One of the prettiest Ibanezes I have seen.
  10. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Those are really nice Ibanezes. I usually don't like Ibanez Soundgears, but when I played that one I was really surprised.The B String is very tight, and it had a great punchy slap to it. And the carved top is something to behold.
  11. metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :hyper: nice bass i picked one up a few months a go and i love it Ive palyed it live and done some recording with it and it rips nice to see i am not alone in my love for the sgr 905 :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  12. TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Glad to hear there are other happy owners out there! ;)
  13. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Congrats! Looks pretty sweet!