Pics of my new custom bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TVD, Jan 5, 2005.

1. TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    Hey everyone. My custom G&L silver metal flake ASAT bass has arrived, and in less than 6 weeks after i ordered it! Here's a link to some pics of it, i know they aren't great pics, but i guess they get the point across at least. Can't wait to gig with this baby Friday night.....Trent
  2. hot damn thats a nice bass

have fun with that ! :bassist:
  3. Stax

Dec 19, 2004
    I kinda like that. Enjoy.
  4. Stax

Dec 19, 2004
    On second thought....

I really like that. Nice choice.
  5. I always enjoyed playing sparkling basses. I played a black/purple one in junior high. It looks like a quality bass though, gratz on your new bass.
  6. thats friggin awesome! i love asats and i love g&ls sparkly finishes, thats a winner bud!
  7. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    ***fap fap fap***

Pimptastic man!!
  8. matchin headstock..

niice!! :D
  9. MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    I love matching headstocks! Most Fender-oid basses could be improved that way (not all, of course).

Nice bass! Pimp basses rule!
  10. Very Nice!!!

Does anybody know how does the hollow body differs in sound compared to solid ASATs???
  11. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

sweet bass !!
    love that sparkle finish and matching headstock !
    what's the weight of the bass ?
  12. TVD

Jul 14, 2004
    I haven't weighed it, but it's light. I can tell it's going to be a very comfortable bass to wear on a long gig. I'm getting a custom strap made for it too, but the strap i'm using for now, i'm suffering no neck dive with the bass, which is a problem some people have with ASAT's.
    As far as the hollow bodied vs non-hollow bodied sound difference. Not sure. The ASAT man in the Dude Pit has several of both kinds of ASAT's and says he can't tell any different any sound, and he would know more about them than just about anyone. I have read where others have said the semi hollow sounds "woodier" or something to that effect. I play mainly roots style music, traditional country and rockabilly, some blues, so that's good for me anyhow. I'm going to be putting flats on it, and will probably play it mainly in passive mode. I've had a G&L L-2500 for several years now, so i already know how great G&L's sound and play anyhow. Trent
  13. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA bass.

It's a bit too subtle for my tastes, though. ;) :D
  14. Gorgeous bass man. I love my ASAT. Hopefully I'll get myself a semi-hollow one of these days.

15. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I love ASATs, but don´t love sparkle finnishes. Nice bass though!!!
  16. Scottie Johnson

Scottie Johnson

Sep 8, 2004
    Great choice. I have an ASAT as well, and I love it. I also went for a matching headstock. Mine doesn't look as good as yours, though.

What finish did you choose for the neck? I have the gun-oil tint on mine and I really like it.
  17. squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Awesome choice, I wish I had half the cash for a G&L. Just half....