1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pics of my new Ric!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by progrockbass, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I have been trying to find a good used Ric for months now and today I scored this beauty off of Ebay 1985 near mint 4003. I hope she sounds as good as she looks!!:hyper:

2. NICE! You get an official envious green face :p

3. wow! looks killer

4. Boone3882

Boone3882

Aug 27, 2008
    Yea, i'm saving my pennies for one. I'm currently using a New 2008 MM Sterling and a Brand new Squire Classic Vibe 60's Jazz bass. So, a RIC is next on my list. Congratz on yours dude:bassist:

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    very nice. being a big geddy fan, i always wanted a black rick w/white guard and binding, but settled for a sweet 4001 back in the mid 80s that was white w/black guard and binding :). sorta inverse geddy - an yddeg, if you will.

6. rush_fan

rush_fan

Aug 20, 2008
    Prog,

Very Nice! I also see that you have a Geddy Jazz. I went to a local shop today to see about buying one that they have had for awhile. The price shot up $100 since 2 weeks ago!! They told me keep on eye on it the price may go down. :crying:

Steve

7. Very nice :)

8. I'd tell them, "No thanks. I am going to your competitor's shop and tell them what your charging."

Watch that price magically drop right before your eyes.

9. Thanks for all the nice comments. Can't wait to play her. I do indeed have a Geddy and it's awesome. One of the best playing out of the box basses I've owned. I would highly recommend one if you are considering it. Don't know what the dealer is up to but you can find good used ones all over. Bought the Ric because I owned a 4001 years ago that I had to give up for dough and have always regretted it. I too was a huge Geddy fan growing up as well as Squire, McCartney et al. Just couldn't:) sleep right until I owned one again. :)

10. EclecticElectrk

EclecticElectrk

Aug 26, 2008
    Brooklyn
    cool ric , how much did u pay for it, if you dont mind me asking? :D

11. Don't mind $1875 USD plus shipping. We'll see what the customs guys want to add to that when it hit's the Canadian border....

12. Man! I love the look of Rickenbackers!

I miss my old 4001...

Congrats, man!

13. Congrats Prog!!!!!! I LOVE Rickenbacker basses!!!!! Currently have three of 'em in my collection. Enjoy your new baby!!!!!

LeftyRickBass

14. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    Cool - I love the split pickguard on those early 4003s too...

15. envika

envika

Nov 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    john's just holding out til ric comes out with a 7-string :D

they don't seem like the kind of company to take custom orders...or any orders of any kind from anyone...

16. Alex E

Alex E

Mar 2, 2006
    Congrats! I really like the look of the Jet-glo 4003. Very stunning.

17. WOW!! Very nice. Reminds me of my first Ric 4001, a '75' jetglo just like that one.

18. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Congrats,I used to have the twin to that one.I think I still have the guard that goes over the pickup.If any body on these threads wants it I will make a gift of it for free I think I will look for it but if you mr progrockbass want it I will give you first dibs and again enjoy this one its a beaut.Just a tip though not knowing how much you play you might get a piece of foam pipe insulation about 6 inches long and put it where your right arm rests because carpal tunnel is common with heavy ric useage

19. Muddslide

Muddslide

Feb 23, 2007
    Mobile, Alabama

Personally, that's my favorite Ric color combo. White w/ black guard and black binding. Unbelievably hot.

But Jetglo is also gorgeous and congrats to the OP an your new stick!

20. I am envious. A black 4003 has always been a dream. You are now living it. Enjoy your new acquisition! :hyper: