Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of my new rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tash, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Went back to GC today and bought the last peice of my new rig. Check it out below (warning large image):

http://www.blessedlost.com/media/full_rig.jpg

Since trying the Mesa stack in the store last week I just haven't been able to get the Spector out fo my head, so I went back and grabbed it!

Spector + Mesa = :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

PS - Yes, that is a stuffed hedgehog on my chair.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Awesome, I have a M-Pulse 600 and a Powerhouse 4x10. I want to get a 2x12 to go along with it.

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Awesome! I've been thinking of getting a 1000 to go with the my 400+. How does the cab sound to you?

4. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    So far I'm really liking it. The sound is immensely full but has no lack in punch. With the EQ flat its got a very rich deep sound but is still clean. Right now I am running with the lows and mids cut a tad and slight boost in the highs on the input EQ, with the parametric dialed for a classic low-mid boos. Give me my two most used tones right on the footswitch, which I like.

I'm doing an audition with the full stack next week, I'll let everyone know how it sounds under a whole band then.

5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    How are the highs? Can you slap well on it at all? I may end up getting one of these, but I might add a crossover and use a good tweeted cab for the highs.

6. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw

Aug 24, 2005
    The Powerhouse 1000 RAAAAWWWKKSS!!

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I don't slap but the highs seem more than adequate to me, I run with the horn at about -1 and the crossover set to 5k, its very birght and captures upper end harmonics fine, I imagine slap would be fine too.

8. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I don't slap too often either, but usually I have a bit of it mixed in with fingerstyle. This cab has been giving me a bit of gas you see... :smug:

9. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I do a bit of the Steve Harris fretboard smack to accent notes. With the Spector those come out perfect, but on my passive ESP they aren't as in your face through the Mesa.

10. hey hey hey now that much fun cant be had by one person. its cheating. you should feel ashamed and pass that on to me. those power house 1000's are badass cabs. I played one with a big block and want to die and go to heaven. everyone at GC hated me. :bassist: :bassist: