Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of my new Skjold...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freakbass, Aug 4, 2004.

1. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

Check out my new Skjold! Lacewood top, Swamp Ash body, Maple/Purpleheart 5-piece neck, Purpleheart fingerboard, EMG Pups, and Skjold Active pre-amp. Plays better than some Fodera's I've played. It's like buttah...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stupid flash. Natural light pics coming soon.

2. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Wow, nice! Love the inlay and the lacewood top, pretty rare it seems. Body reminds me of a Warrior/Modulus hybrid.

Enjoy!

3. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah, I see the Warrior and Modulus influences, too. Love the lacewood - great looking bass and I'm glad it plays so well for you. :hyper:

4. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    When I saw that at the shop, my first reaction was that it looks like a dragon, and it scares me.

5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Congrats on the bass. I really dig the body style.

6. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

That's interesting...I've played a few Skjolds and thought they didn't play as well as Fodera's, MTD's, Nordstrands's, F basses etc etc...interesting take.

Congrats on the bass though. :)

7. seems like it would be a pain in the butt to change the D string :meh: however, having never tried it I could be wrong.

Anyway, that sure is a pretty bass

8. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    I like it! I like the headstock too, so there :spit:

9. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    That thing kicks some serious ass.

10. freakbass

Thanks all! I'm really digging it. If you ever get a chance to play one, don't hesitate!

11. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Me loves the lacewood! I had a Jackson Futura bass for many years and the whole body and neck were Lacewood with an Ebony fb. I wish I still had it.

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Freak, that thing is ill! I can't wait for the next get together. I would love to hear that, and play it. If it plays as nicely as the two fives that I played last weekend, it is definitely in upper boutique territory. Like I said in the other thread, if I didn't have my Nordie SC5, I would have been sorely tempted by Pete's five stringers. But it would be a lateral move, and I love my bass too much to make that kind of move.

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    that's a beautiful bass ! Pete is a great guy, very cool to deal with and extremely dedicated to his craft. I have played some early basses that kicked butt, the new ones are even better. Very clean, tight tone from them, beautiful woods, it's great to see players are starting to find their way to the basses.

14. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Nice score :D The lacewood looks great as well!!

15. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Man you musta missed it there, it was actually at the shop that day. I heard Pete play some stuff on it, tone was great, even out of the little amp in his office there.

16. Yes, it was there. I played it and liked it a LOT. Very nice bass, congratulations :)

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Wow, that's pretty impressive looking.. I've seen a few implementations of lacewood, & really find its figuring interesting.

congrats

18. freakbass

Thanks again all! I played it at church last night, and man, does it sound awesome. Hey Embellisher, if you like it so much, I'll swap you for your Nordie. J/K. I don't think I've ever played a bass that I dig as much as this Skjold. Everyone should go buy one. Now. :ninja:

19. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Beautiful, absolutely stunning. But what about those natural light pics? ;)

PS - Love the zero fret. Does it really do what it's supposed to?

20. Psh, my warwick blows that out of the water.

:eek: