Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of my new warwick double buck!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by reggaeman, Aug 22, 2005.

1. reggaeman

reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    SoCal
  2. reggaeman

reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Oops! Looks like my jazz bass got a little jealous! :rolleyes: Here are some other shots :cool:

http://members.cox.net/epetras/bass1-2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/epetras/bass2-1.jpg

Out of the quaddrillian basses I've played this one seemed the best in all categories. Its not perfect but man for the price it is leaps and bounds beyond the competition! A lot easier to play than the fender jazz... just look how big the jazz is compared to the vette.

3. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    could you post some sounds. It's the only Warwick I'd EVER consider thinking about buying.... but I have it on quasi reliable sources that they kinda suck (tone wise)...

4. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    +1
    I am saving a specil pile of cash for a warwick and the first time i saw the $$ i wanted it but i read so many bad reviews i got tuened off. I do want an FNA jazzman tho but if the $$ is of great tone and plays better than ppl are saying i'd be tempted to sway that way

5. AcousTronic

AcousTronic

Jun 14, 2005
    Miami, FL
    Your source is wrong... I bought a 5 string Double Buck a month ago, and it is the most versitile, incredible sounding bass that I've played. I can't put it down. It looks and feels incredible too. Out of 10, I'd give it 11.5!! :bassist:

Congrats Reggaeman!!

6. I like the Fender more :p

But put some bloody strings on it man! How can you discrace a nice Jazz like that :scowl:

Nice Warwick btw ;)

7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    BEAUtiful Double buck, congrats!

8. Bassinthehole

Bassinthehole

Jun 21, 2005
    I was at my local GC wannabe and played the $$ for a while, I thought it was amazing. It had that great tone that warwick is known for but is also dead quiet. I played between the standard active 'vette and the $$ and I thought you could get a lot of different sounds from the $$ whereas the 'vette was straight aggressive the whole time.

9. RE:PEAT

RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA

+1 The negative comments I've read seem to come from non-owners. This is one great bass :hyper:

REGGAEMAN - You are the man. Congrats.

I feel it...there's a $$ culture growing here!

10. Do you like that one particular set of strings so much that you swap between basses? :smug:

11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Actually my source is subjective....but he does play Alembic, so yeah... I'd still like to try one.

12. reggaeman

reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Haha, actually, I took the chromes off the jazz to put on the warwick. I just put my old set of TI Flats back on the jazz. But the jazz is broken now anyways :( The wiring for the output jack came lose. Gonna go buy a soldering iron today and fix that beast as well as change the capacitor.

On another note... I made some sound clips of the double buck... I will be posting them soon :cool:

13. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I played another one at a different GC, it was better than the first one... but the tone still sounded a little odd.

14. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
  15. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    I played one of those just like yours, and i was very impressed. It was so light for a warwick, and it sounded amazing... if i ever see a lefty, i dont want to think about it

16. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    can any one tell how the low B feels?? is it tight or is it sloppy? would it work for some slap :D
    $1600 for a brand new 5 string online omg I think i need this bass

17. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    sargebaker, I would also personally disagree with your "quasi reliable source", and will back that up with both the fact that I'm not a huge fan of Warwicks (tho I'm warming up to them lately), and also that I've personally played a few of the $$'s. I think they're different, but every bit as good as any other vette... or maybe even Warwick. I was VERY impressed with these recently at the NAMM show.

18. I tried a $$ today. That thing is a freakin' slap-monster!
    And the fingering sound is fat and nice, especially with both PU'ps on full humbucking (serial switching IIRC). You could even nail the jazzbass tone.

19. that thing looks great. i too have heard bad things about the $$... but i'm still intrigued by it. i'm going to go check one out eventually.

20. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    When I saw the first post, I originally thought "PEEKABOO!"