Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of my Warwick after the upgrade!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Nov 5, 2005.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Here are a couple of pics of my Corvette after I installed some Seymour Duncan Antiquity I's and an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. Oh, and theres a pic of my semi-new MK Rose Dragonfly:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. That's sweet. Did you do it yourself? If so, how was it? did you run into any issues? And, the most important thing, how much different does it sound/are you happy with it?

John

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm not going to pretend to dig the new knob arrangement - BUT im sure that you made a change for the positive in the sound :)

4. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Definitely a sweet Corvette, but we need a review!!

Did you have MEC's or EMG's in it before? I ask because I want to change the pups and preamp in my '96 Streamer fretless, but was leaning toward an all Bartolini setup.

5. Not to try to change the topic of the thread but that is one killer inlay on the acoustic. What model is that?

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    there are some very useful things called stacked pots/knobs... :meh:

7. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    The OBP-3 was not so bad to install...........that is as long as you have time, patience, and a little know how w/ a sodering iron. Know about the sound:) First, the Antiquity I's have a real FAT sound. They are not muddy though. Lots of clarity, but the accent is definitely on the low/low-mid. So, with the OBP-3 I can get a VERY wide range of sounds. I can definitely swing really low, and get clearly defined highs. It does sound real vintage jazz though, but the bubinga body retains a Warwick hint though. I would REALLY recommend the Seymour Duncan Antiquity's to anyone, and for the tone snobs the Aguilar is the icing:)

8. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005

I actually ordered the OBP-3 w/ the push-pull mid and stacked bass and treble. Musician's friend ****ed my order up though. The knob arangement is due to the cavity size on the back. There was really no other way!!!!!!!

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    So instead of ironing a few wires you had to open some new hles on your bass. I really hope your hype of that bass to never go down cos you know what happends after that.
    However the combo sounds killer, keep grooving and enjoy it a lot.

10. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Well, I know this..............I'll never get rid of it!!!!!!! If I get tired of the sound it just because I want something new:) Not because it's bad. If you are like me anyways!!!!!

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  12. Tilt your head; knobs = not too bad! symmetrical. Looks fine to me.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im not sure what i would have done for a 5 knob figuration, i probably would had put one more in line wwith the 3, so its a line of 4, and then put the last one somewhere in the middle. The uneven spacing of the 3 compared to the 2 just makes it look weird to me.

14. Well.......that's sort of what they did...
    It's 4 in a curved line with one in the middle underneath. (If you put it horizontally, like you would see it being played.)

I agree, it looks a little off when it's vertical, but not too bad when it's in playing position! Maybe it's the curve that's not too appealing to you. Your call. ;)

15. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Great choice with the SD's and the OBP-3, I bet she sounds killer. Im actually liking the knob placement, I think I would have done that same arrangement. Too bad you couldnt get those stacked knobs though. :(

16. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Not exactly. Before the upgrade, the standard warwick knobs went 1 2 3 in a semi circle with the shape of the bass. He stuck the extra 2 to the side. The upside down 4 knob semi circle that formed as a result was probably a coincidence.

17. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    The sound is great!!!!!!! What I really like is that I can now switch my tone to fit each song instead of just having the same sound for each. I'm not a big effects, so this is a big plus for me:)

18. Your bass is rather knobby. :D BUT, I'm sure it sounds amazing. I love warwick.