1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pics of the Carvin--Sorry it took so long

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Little Cricket, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Here are the pics I promised some of you in a different thread I started. It is my 25th anniversary carvin. Just as an update I went down to the Carvin store in Hollywood and the two guys working there literally flipped out. They both agreed that this had to be one of the most beautiful Carvin's either had seen and they work at the store. They also told me stuff that it had that Ididn't know about like a it having all the custom upgrades offered at time of construction including a $400 "hard-as-nails" finish that is on the ebony fretboard so I don't have to worry about using round wounds and having to replace the finger board every two years or so. Anyway, here are the pics, enjoy. Love to hear what you guys think of it. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Looks beautiful ... how do you like the tone and playability?

3. Wow... congrats on a beautiful bass.

4. Thanks westland and Rimson for the compliments, the pic really doesn't do it justice. Thanks. As far as the playability and sound. I really like both. The neck is assymetrical I believe is what they call it so the bottom part is skinnier than top making it easier and more comfortable to play. Also with it being a neck-through desing reaching the 24th fret is not an issue. As far as tone, I really like it. I have the stacked single coil PU, the large MM style PU and the piezo. There are two pan knobs that allows me any combination of PUs with piezo or I can isolate and solo any PU or piezo. So the tonal variations are huge. I have round wounds on it right now and with the MM PU I can get a very growly, aggresive sound, or I can split the coil and make it like two single coil jazz sound, or all piezo.

5. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Nice, Cricket. Looks very nice.

6. Wow... She's beautiful........

7. thanks for looking and appreciating the pics. I'll get more.

8. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    That definitely deserves more pics :D Very cool bass Cricket

9. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Very cool & good looking bass. The only thing i don't dig very much is the body shape, but eh-that doesn't matter much.

I really like the specs though.

Great score man.

take it easy.

10. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    nice! i love Carvins (see sig). it'd be nice if mine had an epoxy finished fingerboard, too, but oh well :) ... it's still awesome!

11. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    That's quite a combination; I would bet the tonal variations are huge. I have a Modulus Genesis 5 with the asymmetrical neck, and this for me really makes a 5 comfortable (I play a 4 string for the most part).