Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pics of two basses I built

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by M_A_T_T, Mar 4, 2004.

1. M_A_T_T

M_A_T_T

Mar 4, 2004
    Canada
    Hello, I'm new here. I have frequented other instrument building forums, usually with the same user name, so some may have seen me before. Someone in another forum mentions the TalkBass forums, so I thought this would be a good place to display some of my work.

Here is the first bass I made. I eventually sold this one.

First bass

This is the second one I built, which the owner of the first one ordered. She wanted a few modifications to the original design, like a narrower body (which I think looks much nicer), thinner neck and bolt-on. She kinda gave me freedom of design with the neck construction and control layout and finish.

Second custom bass

2. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    Your stuff has been interesting me for a while, actually.
    I really like the looks of them, and more importantly I like that you use some creativity in your work, such as not gluing your set necks.

I think you make very nice work. I'd love to get to try one sometime.
    -Skippii

3. Tim Barber

Tim Barber Commercial User

Apr 28, 2003
    Serenity Valley
    Owner: Barber Music
    Welcome aboard :) Very nice work; I find the body shape quite attractive.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Cool stuff. That neck joint would have to be very tight to not require glue. I would think that if it wasn't, you'd get buzzing, and it'd work loose with vibration. Cool stuff. Gotta be skilled for that!

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Those strings come off of the tuning keys really straight! That looks great! PM me what you ask for these cost wise.

6. A quick mod caution here. TB prohibits commercial posts. ANY discussion of pricing, availability, or delivery will be deleted to maintain compliance. If you want to get some more lowdown, do it all by PM.