Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PICS of VINTAGE FENDERS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MMFender, Apr 6, 2005.

1. MMFender

MMFender

Sep 26, 2003
    Istanbul,Turkey
    I am sooo crazy for the vintage fender bass guitars.
    Especially SUNBURST JAZZ BASS.
    But i really like them looking very OLD with the finish gone.
    ARE THERE GREAT PİCS i can LOOK AT ?

2. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    I always see vintage Fenders on ebay, you might want to check there.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Not quite sunburst, not quite jazz, still has most of the finish, but it's still a Vintage Fender!

[​IMG]
    P.S. It's a 1978 Fender Precision.

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Between the Sadowsky's you'll see a '56 precision and a '66 jazz. Both sunburst, both original the the last screw!!!

Rob

5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Oh!

I like this game!

My stock 1973 Precision:

[​IMG]

Nope. It's not a Jazz, but it is sunburst and vintage and beat up. So, three out of four ain't too bad.

6. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    ^^ Dang, no offense but don't you get irritated everytime you see the strings leaning heavily to the right like that? How does it play?

7. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Heh. It's funny...I don't even notice it. In fact, when I saw your post I thought, 'hmmm, is he talking about mine?'. Then I looked and thought, 'oh yeah, it does do that...'

But there's no problem with playability...it's pretty awsome. It's the best feeling bass that I've played until I got my PRS. I've never had the strings fall off the neck or anything like that. It's got outrageous tone too. I stopped playing it because I play right over the pickup and those poles were turning my fingers into hamburger. That's dried blood on them there pickups!

Turns out I'm more comfortable playing Jazz basses (I've been playing 'em longer) because of the pickups for anchoring. But I've been thinking of restringing that baby setting her up and havin' another go at her since I've been working on my technique and have fixed some awful playing habits.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    BurningSkies -- I dig the leopard print. I took one look at that and thought it was in my car (I have LP seat covers right now) LOL

9. looking at these P-basses... I'm gassin for a vintage P-Bass now.
    I've played the 59 reissie p-bass, and im in love with it. :bassist:

10. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Well, if you like them old and beaten ... here's my CAR '66 P -- all original except for the bridge, the added J pickup, the stickers on the pickguard . . .

[​IMG]

11. RunngDog

RunngDog

Jan 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    . . . and of course the initials of a prior owner carved on the back

[​IMG]

12. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Thanks!

I did my record rack (4' by 2') in upholstery grade leopard(looks cool in the livingroom). I have an extra piece that I use for shooting pics of guitars...the pattern helps for autofocus.

13. Running dog. That is sexy! I love the vintage basses beaten. Gives them ALOT of character!

14. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
  15. Since we're showing Precisions, here's my '69 P:

[​IMG]

Also, check out www.williesguitars.com. They usually have a nice collection of vintage Fenders in stock.