1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

***Pics of Your Rock Rooms***

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Laylas Daddy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Laylas Daddy

Laylas Daddy

Sep 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Been working on a 11' X 9' room in my garage. I am making it in my Rock Room.

Would like to see pics of everyones rooms. May give me some great ideas for my room.

Thanks!!!

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    I'll be doing some renos including building the entire basement which will include a music room and an entertainment room (TV, videogames, etc.), so if anybody has any ideas or pics of a finished one you were delighted with, let me know. :)

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    My man cave/recording space...
    DSC_0029.
    DSC_0026.

The corner under the acoustic guitar is now filled with a drum kit and the couch has been pushed further to the right.

4. Laylas Daddy

Laylas Daddy

Sep 20, 2011
    Indiana
    ^ Very Nice!!!

5. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    That looks about the same size as my living room!

6. Eric, that's damn impressive!

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
  8. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I completely agree! Quite nice. Wish I had that kind of space.

9. That is an awesome man cave Eric!

10. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    The f-holes on the red hollow body look like they go straight thru to the paneling.(optical illusion of course).

Beautiful studio.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Thanks, all. :)

This space takes up about half of my two-car garage, and is a constant work in progress at some level. Eventually, I want to build a complete room-within-a-room (20'x10'-ish) to improve the isolation from outside noise (dogs barking, etc.), and minimize the amount of noise getting out (drums, etc.). For now, though, it's a comforatable place to goof around with music and make some reasonable demo recordings.

RED - I never noticed that - LOL

12. I don't see any basses?

13. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The instruments on the wall rotate depending on what I've been using recently. Currently, my Reverend and '68 P are on the wall, and my #1 (Tele/P parts-bass) is in a gig-bag in the corner. When these pics were taken, I had my '68 P on a stand to the right of the couch (out of the pic), and others in their cases on a shelf unit even further right.

14. Here's something to contrast the beautiful pics above. An old old picture of the jam spot from 3 bands ago. Leaky basement of a music store. That yellow pipe is a gas main that I would always hit my head on. Marshall full stack not pictured. What you can't experience is the stale spilled beer/slight natural gas odor that was always there.

l.

15. Laylas Daddy

Laylas Daddy

Sep 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Anymore Pics....

16. tmdazed

tmdazed

Sep 29, 2012
    P1010162.

jr9.

jr8.

jr7.

jr6.

jr5.

jr4.

jr3.

P1010200.

Pretty good Jam space , my Neighbors are AWESOME , but we try to kill as much noise as possible before we bother anyone , beats paying by the hour at any of the local studios and we have pretty much a full recording setup , guys all leave their gear they don't practice with , set up in place . Fully alarmed, insured and well protected, we couldn't ask for any more really. We call it the Temple of the Daze, our motto is "its 4:19, Got a minute? "

17. Dan B

Dan B

Oct 19, 2008
    Pittsfield, MA
    IdWYs.

Well, you did ask! :bag:

18. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    Good grief....that furnace looks ancient. Although, the color would look fantastic on a bass!!!

19. Is that the Canadian National Dank flag?? LOL, you zany kids.

20. Hey, that looks like the underside of my desk. Wait....TMI?