Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Picture of a natural Fender P w/ P + J pups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Jan 18, 2002.

1. One of you guys posted a picture a while back of a P-bass with a natural finish, no pickguard, and P + J pickup configuration. I have searched for the thread where I saw it but no luck.

If you own this bass please post a picture! I'm sort of modeling my Warmoth after what I remember of that bass.

2. p0w3rman5ooo

p0w3rman5ooo

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that was a P-bass Lyte. I think it's out of production.

3. No, It wasn't the lite. It had the full size P body. I wish I caould remember who posted that.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Sounds like a Hot Rodded AmeriP or a Deluxe P-Bass Special. Though, I don't see that either are available in natural. Mighta been just a P someone slapped a J onto...

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is probably it. It's my '93 American P Deluxe. The body is downsized a little, and there's no pickguard, as you can see.

[​IMG]

6. That's the one!! I love that bass...I don't know why but it just looks so sweet.

Mine is going to look just like that but with 3 chrome knobs and the pole pieces on the pickups will be exposed.

Do you have anymore pictures you can send me?

Thanks.

7. What about the Limited Edition 40th Anniversery Fender P-Bass? That's natural w/ p/j and active electronics, very beutiful...no rounded edges either...

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That one has a '98 neck on it ... the original grew to look like a Mobius strip. It also has the Fender Lace Sensors on it. Kinda hot active pickups. The knobs are stacked ... the front is volume/blend and the back is treble/nass. It's been for sale off and on. As you can see, it's not really a bass, but a four-string (my only one). Here's one more pic.

[​IMG]