Picture request - Aqua Marine P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Anyone have a pic of an Aqua Marine metallic P bass, preferably with a maple board? This is just to satisfy my curiosity, but if anyone has a pic I'd appreciate it.
  2. I thought the picture of the standard Precision on the Fender site was in that colour, I might be wrong though, so I'll have a wee duke round for a piccy!

3. That bass is in Blue Agave. Aqua Marine Metallic was only found on American series basses, up until about a year ago when it was discontinued. I believe the 5 string American Jazz on the Fender site is in that color, although most pics I've seen tend to be a bit lighter in color. Thanks for the help though!
  4. I saved these off Ebay a year or so ago. Loved the colour and almost bought one myself..but they discontinued them. Silly Fender..one of the best colours they come up with in a while and they kill it after 1 or 2 years :scowl:

Sorry they arent any bigger.
  5. EternalDarkness

Sep 22, 2004
    nice looking P Bass :cool:

When I saw that bass I first though of the Beach Boys (American 60's band), with its nice aqua sea colour :cool:
  6. Very nice! Thanks a lot B'Aces! If only I can find a nice used one in that color...
  7. Aye..really nice colour..like i said..i dunno why Fender stopped it. But im still glad i went with Sunset Orange Transparent instead. Im more of a fan of red or reddish basses.
  8. My dad has an aqua marine jazz 4. It looks nice, its actully quite lighter than the fender 5 string jazz picture that fender used to use.
  9. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Anyone else think they really need to put Surf Green and all those sort of colours on more basses (i.e. not just the Mark Hoppus and some American Vintage ones)?
  10. Definitely, but they tend to prefer making new colors. Look at Sage Green Metallic. They could have easily brough back other colors of that genre, but I guess they prefer keeping the older colors to reissues and the originals.