1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pictures as attachments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Laker, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Laker

Laker

Mar 23, 2000
    I don't get here on a regular basis so I may have missed a post about this, but why are so may TBers posting pictures as attachments rather than using the vB coding?

Just want to make sure if there's been a change that I don't anger any moderators.

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    No worries, you are free to choose any way of picture posting.

I like attachments because:

1) One does not clutter the thread with slow-loading pictures you don't want to see.
    2) No broken links / images.
    3) Easier and faster than putting them on Photpoint or similar service.

OTOH, I don't like them beacuse you can only attach one picture per post. But there's rarely any need for more than one. And it eats Paul's precious server space! ;)

But, good outweighs the bad. Me like attachments! :)

3. What I do is upload my image as an attchment, click on it once, copy the URL, then edit my post with the new URL of the pic. That way, Talk Bass becomes the image host for me.

4. essentially, the vb or html tags can only be used to point to something that is already posted on the web. With attachments, you can upload an image from your local machine.

5. nice one!! :)

6. i could have posted my last pic as a picture instead of a attachment but that would have taking away from the surprise of opening the attachment. :D