Pictures-Hate 'Em?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Is there anyone else here that really doesn't like to have their picture taken? The band that I'm doing now has had more photo sessions in the past 2 years than I've done in every one of my bands in the past 15 years. I don't exactly have the most photogenic face, and I can never not have a ridiculous expression on my face.

Anyone else?
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm much more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.
  3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I'm with you on that one. It seems like whenever I know a camera is on me I try to "pose" and it comes out looking like...well...let's just leave it at that.

My best pictures seem to be when I don't know the camera is on me.
  4. Try not to make a pose...just kind of sit//stand there.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The best pictures of me are the ones I don't realize are being taken. I am sure the AUTHORITIES have said the same thing.
  6. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    i love having my picture taken!!

i suppose it comes with the territory, being a hair model for vidal sassoon's creative academy :p

this is my new hair. i don't like it very much.
    Heh, this pic might not be pg13 (whatever that is!) but tb needs a little spicing up.

7. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Hi, I'm Rick
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

There's no bass in either picture.
  9. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    here - [​IMG]

wow, this pic is like 2 years old. my hair is normal :meh:
  10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    That hair-do is very "80's". That pic could probably pass for PG13, but it's definitely a step up the scale from PG. …you know - you're obviously pretty young, I'm not sure what your actual age is, but I hope to God your not young enough to be still living at home. If so, your poor father must be a wreck!

Hey, I thought you were back to being plural today? Maybe I was reading an old thread.
  11. lol@ father comment!

Nice pic BA - you're a looker! we like having your picture's taken as much you do, i guess :p (hope thats not over the line...)

IM with ya on the whole posing kinda thing. LIke a family photo is something I cannot do. but on stage I don't see it happenin, so its cool. :D
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hu hu hu you're ugly

edit: I'm mocking the original poster, for clarification, but if you(the reader) wishes to apply this post to you go ahead, it's public domain
  13. i hate having my picture taken, but it always is because my friends are obbsesed with cameras so they HAVE to alwaysa have one.

the sad thing is that people only take pictures of my when im doing something stupid, like one time, i had to call someone while at a friends house, and they were talking for a long time, so i started mouthing some stuff to my friend, and somebody took a picture.

another time we were sitting around talking about stuff and i was sitting in the bathtub,(clothed) playing a guitar. so then they decided to go to the creek, and to make me get up they turned the water on. i started screaming that i was melting, and they took a picture.

i hate my friends, but i luv 'em. :smug:
  14. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Well, since my wife is one of VERY few women ever to say she liked to look at me, I prefer pics not to have me in them.

I am planning a CD package in my head. If I put all my favorite originals on one disc, tradition would say to put my face all over the packaging as well. I don't like that idea. I was considering putting shots of random people that I don't know. But there are probably legal/ethical problems that I'd have to consider.

Maybe baby pictures? Landscapes? Obviously-fake-put-together-band-lineup, using a frail old man with a Sousaphone, a roller skating child with a ukelele, and an immensely large women with bagpipes? Photoshopped combo of all-of-the-above?

Okay, clearly I've got issues. :bag:

Any ideas?
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm not hot like Gia there, but I do love having my picture taken as well.

Which is funny, since there are roughly a dozen non-school pictures of me since 8th grade. I''m working on more, though.
  16. as long as im doing something natural i dont mind having my picture taken, but if its like formal crap (yearbook pics, prom pics, any other "photo shoot" enviroment) i hate em.

i love pics of me playing bass, i think they make me look cool :smug: example:

17. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I don't know if it's the Homer-feet or the hair scrunchie, but that pic bothers me somehow. ;)
  18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Getting my picture taken doesn't bother me at all, supposedly I'm a darling to the camera, photogenic and all that, personally I don't really care, here's a good picture of me
  19. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    i hate aving my picture taken....during practices the guitarist( my cousin) will have his friend pop out a camera and snap some off of mostly him :rolleyes:
  20. ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    and hi im drooling :hyper: :cool: :D