1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pictures of black basses with gold hardware?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HalfManHalfBass, Apr 26, 2010.

1. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Hi, I don't ever remember seeing a thread regarding black basses with gold hardware and was wondering if any owners out there could post their bass's picture?

I'm especially interested to see if a Jazz / or Jazz style bass looks as cool as I imagine it would with a gold bridge/control panel/pickup cover etc.

Many thanks!

2. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    Still hate myself for selling :-(

100_2268.
    100_2264.

3. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Late 70's Body (once 3 hole neck plate, now converted to 4), 62 RI MIJ neck defretted, Bart NTMB, Wilkinson Bridge, early 80's Gold plated Fender Reverse Tuners. ~ 12-1/2 lbs

DSC01041.

4. HalfManHalfBass

HalfManHalfBass

Jan 21, 2003
    Thanks guys, really nice basses!

Exaltbass, what's going on with the switches on your bass? Are they on/offs for each pickup?.....if it is, it's an interesting way of doing things, as I find that I never use a mix or blend of pickups on my Jazz; it's only either pickup full on or both!

Another question, do you find / did you find-(gafbass02) that the gold plating tarnishes or doesn't hold up as long as chrome?....generally speaking of course. Only, I'd hate to change out all my hardware just to find that after a few months it looks really shabby and rusty!

Many thanks as ever!

5. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    What about white with gold hardware? I find it tacky and yet very much attractive :p

6. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk
    hi bud, no i had no issues at all with the gold tarnishing tbh

7. Well the gold hardware on my Schecter Elite is chroming out. :crying:
    Not sure if it was proper "gold" though. YMMV.
    For those who know, can you regold the hardware without buying new parts? Not to hijack the thread or anything.

8. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    You can, but good luck finding a company that can hook you up with that service. And if you do, let me know pronto.

They make DIY anodizing kits, but they aren't cheap at all, and IIRC, you really only anodize aluminum.

9. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    this is a baaddd thread for me to be looking at.
    major gas.

10. I no longer own this one but I still have the pictures:

Dscf0003.
    DSCF0004.
    DSCF0005.