Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pictures of EDEN WT heads...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Nov 5, 2000.

1. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of what a Eden WT series head looks like in a rack unit. I havnt been able to find any. i noticed that menjunasomthing of another had a picture of his in the back ground of his picture with his basses. I am interested cause i know that they dont fill the full space width of a rack, so i wanted to know what it looked like with the "hardware" provided. also, how hard/easy is it to put them on?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    They supply two VERY heavy metal angle brackets that screw to the sides of the amp with 3 bolts as I recall. It's very easy to put them on and then bolt the assembly into the rack case.

Here's a scan of a stage shot taken a while back -- it's my Eden WT300 in a four space rack case; I've since gone to the Eden Navigator preamp and a power amp. Sorry for the fuzzy quality, I couldn't find a closeup. It looks quite good in a rack with the added black mounting ears.

[​IMG]

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Muttluk -

The picture of mine is also a WT-300. It weighs a mere 13 pounds. Bob is right about the rack ears ... they're fine. Very easy to put on, too. All other Eden heads are the full width of the rack and don't require the elephant ears.

- Menjunasomthing

4. ________________________________________________________

LOL

yeah, i couldnt remember how to spell your handle but knew it started with an M, and had a j somewhere. What about the WT-400? is it the same size as the 300 and needs the ears?

5. Damian

Damian

Jul 4, 2000
    I don't have one ( just yet ) but as far as I know it's the same size and needs ears. Models WT-500 and up are bigger and don't need them.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, you caught me on that one. The WT-400 is exactly the same size as the WT-300. It's really a cool sized amp. Eden offers a heavily padded bag to carry it. You can just take out the amp and set it on top of your speakers and blow.

7. chymel

chymel

Apr 16, 2000
    I have a WT-500, it has the ears. I believe all of them have the mounting ears. They all look good in a rack.Imo of course.

8. The WT-300 and WT-400 models are "half rack" sized amps so they include the extended size rack mount ears. The WT-500, 600 and 800 models are full rack size and include the much smaller rack mount ears. http://www.eden-electronics.com

[Edited by Mr. Dead on 11-06-2000 at 07:42 PM]