1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pictures of ivory ATK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FanOfAlice, Mar 4, 2008.

1. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I was just wonderin if anyone has any picture of an ibanez ATK in Ivory. there is one at a small music shop in a town about 3 hours away and i intend on purchasing it, only problem is i cant find any good pictures of it on the web. (so i can look at and fantasize). i was also wondering if anyone has had any luck creating a tool like tone with this bass.
    Thanks

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    CreamATK01.

3. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    thanks, i love how that color combination looks. any full bass shots?

4. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    haha, i always fantasize about new basses i have coming my way too.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Wow, it really suits that colour!

6. That's pretty hot.

7. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Is that a USA ATK? Korean? Very nice, never even knew they made it in Ivory!

8. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Bump on the tool part of the questain. Can this bass produce a tool like growl? i love that tone. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its so good.

9. wyleeboxer

wyleeboxer Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    From what I understand as far as the Tool tone goes, live he whould have to use some type of synth bass to develope the lows b/c of his style (I believe playing with a copper pick over the neck?) also its not always just the sound of the bass that can simply give you the tone, there are many other "secret" factors.
    However, my ATK's give me a dirty jazz bass tone that cuts through for funk or rock, which is a great place to start if playing in Tool type of band.

10. FanOfAlice

FanOfAlice

Nov 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    thanks wyleeboxer, that was just what i was looking for.

11. I got my atk for its tool tone, thing is amazing.