Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pictures of my band, any good?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Hello. My band played a festival recently. We got a cd of pictures, most of them terrible. they were colour, bad balance, composition, focus, etc. I photoshoped the heck out of 'em to try and make them usable. Let me know if it works. PICTURES <---CLICK

2. [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis is alive. :D

They're good, I don't see any big faults about them.

3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    thanks for answering, it's always good to see what others (with other monitors!) think. Yep, James may we'll be Elvis's long lost love child.

4. Walkabout711

Walkabout711

Sep 30, 2002
    Ma.
    Hey man tell me when your next show is, i live in northampton i want to see you guys.

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool. this thursday we are at the Flywheel in Easthampton. We are playing with the Reganauts and a few other bands. It's not on their web page, for some reason though?!?. Anyway, if you can come come up and introduce yourself! Do you play in a band out here?

edit: just checked your profile- Let me know when your playing!

6. Anytime, this one would be the best of the bunch (IMO) if you could enlarge it a little. The first drummer shot is great, very stylish.

[​IMG]

7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    [​IMG]

Hey! Isn't that the guy from Home Improvement? :)

PS. Cool pics! We have 0 pics of my bands, must ask some friend to operate my camera next gig...

8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    yea i can definately tell u guys are solid, but as far as pictures go they are pretty crappy. Your playing u shouldnt have to worry about that ****, get a better photographer.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I think the pictures look great. How 'bout some audio clips?

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Personally, I like `em Joshua. They're low-light and capture the sense of seeing you all in a club or in concert......as opposed to real bright, color, pics like everyone and their brother usually has.

They're "artsy." A lot of cigarette smoke in the air would even enhance the mood to me.

In a word - COOL!

I guess the drummer's going bald, huh??? :D

11. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Rik, the drummer has the most hair out of all of us! Thanks, the pics were really bad, so I tried to do exactly that, make them "artsy"
    Jazzbo, some REALLY lo-fi audio is available on the website in my sig, or you can hear a demo song that's very out of date and sort of lo-fi at the Talkbass mp3 station. New material is in the works. I'll most likely post about it when it's done.
    Anders, that's funny, Dan is a landlord who basically spends his day fixing the houses that he rents out.
    hyperlitem, thanks for the compliment on the playing! We do need a better photographer, I agree. I'm just testing out my attempt at repair and "polishing a turd" as Beavis would have put it. :D