Pictures of my Cirrus 6 Fretless Walnut

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by semborg, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Looks neato bro, although I'm not a fan of gold hardware.
  2. XtromatriX

Dec 18, 2004
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo can I have it?? NICE bass!
  3. Thinking of changeing the knobs into gold so it will match the other hardware.
  4. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    beautiful. i have a flamed redwood cirrus...if i was to get another i would have to go with that walnut. it looks so tasteful!!!
  5. I just put mine down 2 seconds ago
    Love them
  6. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    I've checked these out on the web. That thing where you can design your own (choose your wood) is pretty cool! There none of these around here though, so no way to check one out :mad:

1) How much dose it weigh?

2) Does it balance?
    (note: imo while strapped on standing, when you take your hands off the instrument should not move - that's balance)

If that sounds as good as it looks - then I'm jealous!

Happy thumpin' :smug:
  7. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005

Walnut is hella heavy for the most part, and you've got it solid for the body wings...yikes.

Looks great though...Cirrus basses have some of the nicest feeling necks I've ever played.
  8. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Looks great. You´ve got a terrific bass man.
    Enjoy it.

Agree on the comment that Cirri have some of the most
    comfortable neck profiles.

9. I do not know how much it weigh. It's not heavy, not light. Somewhere in-between.

It is perfecly balanced.

I have a fretless 5 fretless too. But it is much darker in the wood.
  10. BTW I payed 8200 SEK. (Swedish crones)
    Its about $1000.00 USD.

Nowadays the only way to get a bass like this is Cirrus Custom Shop.
  11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

I changed them on mine, and really liked the result. Then again, I've always liked gold hardware. Mine is a walnut body neck-thru as well, but with a bubinga top. Also, it's a fretted five-string.

If my wife hadn't misplaced the digital camera, I'd post pix of it -- think she left it at work. Maybe I can find it or some pix later.

12. MrWalker

MrWalker Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Sweet bass, definately! :)

I just sold my Cirrus 6 (fretted) walnut here in Norway. An excellent bass in all respects, but I just couldn't get used to the 35" scale length (all my other basses are 34"). So as we always keep seeing, "It's not you, it's me." :D

The bass is excellent. Well-balanced, beautiful body shape, nice neck profile (although I wouldn't mind if it was wider, but again, that's just me), nice electronics... A nice bass all together.

I hope the next owner of mine will be as happy as I was with it (I had it for several years), and then some. :D

EDIT: Might as well include a shot
  13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Beautiful! I love the Cirruses (Cirri?) with the satin finish. My Cirrus 6 I picked up from TBer Rhett is the most fun bass I have. I have trouble putting it down to give the other basses a chance. I'd love to find a matching fretless 6, but I think it would be fairly difficult to track down.
  14. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Due to the slim body profile walnut cirrus' aren't heavy.

They balance very well and are the most comfortable basses I've tried so far. But comfort is individual preference...
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

16. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses