Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pictures of Tanglewood Rebel 4Ks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by planecrazy, Apr 8, 2002.

1. planecrazy

planecrazy

Apr 8, 2002
    Essex, UK
    I own a Tanglewood Rebel 4K bass. I've used all the most popular search engines (Altavista, Yahoo etc) and I can't find a single picture of a Tanglewood bass (let alone a Rebel 4K)! I know Tanglewood is known as Cort in the U.S. I visited the Cort website and didn't have one mention of Tanglewood.

Please help!

Planecrazy

P.S. I took my Grade 3 exam with Trinity Rock School in March. I just scraped a pass at 67!! Hopefully, I'll do better with my Grade 5!

2. There are a couple of places you can go.

Ebay UK currently carries a 4K, I believe, with photo.

I believe that bass is a Bass Collection SB copy: I play an SB310. There are a few online stores doing Bass Collection so you might try that avenue.

John

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

So it's a cheap copy of another copy!! ;)

Is it any wonder there are no websites with pictures - nobody's proud enough of them! :D

4. Yeh.....OK.....'nuf said:rolleyes: If I could have afforded the "real thing" I'd have bought it.;)

Anyway, good morning Bruce. How are you?:D

John

PS I'm going to try to send you a PM.

5. Bruce Lindfield

6. Seems your PM box is full, mate, so I can't get through.

John

7. Bruce Lindfield

Well - what do you want to say - I'm not shy! :D

8. No. Shyness isn't the issue. I sent a PM because my question's completely different to the run of this thread: it seemed the easiest method of contacting you for, possibly, a bit of a favour. Don't want to bend the TB rules too much!!

But since you ask.....

I've decided to try to get a second bass (as per a previous discussion) and I'm planning to mail the Bass Centre to see if they can help.

I'm a bit against online buying but getting a used Yamaha @ local dealers is really difficult. If I were to get something at the BC I'd really like it looked over before I part with the £. I just wondered whether you'd consider doing that for me, as you're a regular in there. Naturally there'd be no comeback, just an opinion as to whether the bass is OK, and all that.

That was all.

John

9. Bruce Lindfield

Well, I'd be happy to have a look, but I think you have to realise that everything is relative and that personal taste and subjectivity comes into it!

So - I hate the sound of Trace Elliot amps but lots of people love them!

I like low action and love the sound of classic Fender J basses - I like natural, "clean" - sounding basses and fairly flat necks.

But I know from meeting/talking to other bassists that I'm not necessarily typical and a lot of people prefer a higher action and chunky necks that they can get hold of and play "hard" - whereas I am an advocate of light touch.

I would tend to "trust" the Bass Centre staff and they are probably better at giving advice than me anyway - they can transfer stuff between Birmingham and London if you want to try it?

Anyway there's nothing like trying it for yourself!
    I could go on and on ...but I'll try to clear my PM list!

10. I can't get to Brum, London or Manchester for various reasons.

No. I wasn't asking you to choose a bass that'd be right for me, that really would be silly of me. I've (almost) already decided what I want, all I have to do is find one. If I want a "Model X" and they've got one for sale, I'd like someone to look it over to make sure the neck's straight, that everything works, etc. No more than that.

How's that sound?

John

Planecrazy. A BIG apology for messing your thread.

11. i'm not sure if that is tanglewoods hompage
    this might be it http://www.muzonet.com/tanglewood/

my sis has a rebel 4k.....horrible things in my opinion, IMO u can't go wrong with a Yamaha RBX for a fairly cheap but reliable bass!

good luck in your search

*Si*

12. Bruce Lindfield

I think you're right there, though - can't see anything good about them myself either!!

13. ok bruce :)
    lets just say we've come together to provide a great service, your site had the pictures, mine was the official site :) (it was linked from www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk )

*Si*

14. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
  15. [​IMG]

This is mine, but the stickers have changed a little since then.

16. Bruce Lindfield

I "dipped in" to these sites as I hadn't seen them before and 2 were UK-based. Wow - more "crap" guitars and basses than I've ever seen before in my life! ;)

I just can't believe anybody would actually want this stuff?? :confused:

17. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    I didn't make any promises about quality :(

18. Bruce Lindfield

I wasn't blaming you! I should have realised what it would be like, but I'm ever optimistic...especially when it comes to finding new sources of music-related gear! ;)