1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Picture's of the kids,,,all my new GK combo's that is :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Just for fun I thought I would throw some pics up of all the new kids just cuz they look so darn cute all sitting together,,, there names are GK MB212, MB210 and MB115 (not pictured is MB112, not home right now and at the rehearsal studio)

They are the second generation of my GK family,,,, how ever,,, I did put MB115 up for adoption,,, MB115 needs a good home, the adoption details are listed on the classifieds here on TB,, simply to many kids to feed so I got to thin the heard.
    MB115 is fully house broken and plays very well with others.

Cheers
    Davyo
    2h4eqzk.
    2aesf14.

2. ^^Nice looking family.

3. basss

basss Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2001
    NY
    Well hello there boys!

Love these combos - I just wish they had used metal grills. Cloth is fine until you need to stack gear in the back of a car - then it become something to be careful of.

4. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Agreed,,, I wish they had kept the metal grills as well,,,,, only changed the silver to black so I could save on spray paint.

Cheers
    Davyo

5. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    I'll loan you my MB 112 just for the purposes of this thread. As a bonus the carpet almost matches. :)

ImportedPhotos00191.

M. M.

6. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    That's funny,,, I will accept the loan since my MB112 is not home right now.

Nice carpet ;)

Cheers
    Davyo

7. I've got the MB112 II and I love it! Serves my purposes very well right now....

8. Turxile

Turxile

May 1, 2011
    Cool. How about a review and comparison video?

9. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    I find it interesting that they went from corner ports on the first gen to port tubes on the second gen. Nice pix.

10. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I did a side by side a few nights ago with my MB212 and MB210 at my loud band rehearsal,,,,,, the verdict,,,, the MB212 was the winner.

But then again the MB210 really did well against the 212,,,, it was pretty darn close and if I would have had an MBE210 hooked up to the MB210 that would have made a big difference I'm thinkin.

The plus's for the 212,,,, way louder of course with way more headroom,,,,it also sounded tighter and more focused than the 210.

The 210 I "think" might be a little better in the overall tone department but that might just be splitting hairs.

They are BOTH great combos and I think both keepers,,, later this week I'm going to do some more side by side testing and use a few different bass's I have to further check both combos out.

But for now,,, both great combos with the MB212 being the slight winner.

Cheers
    Davyo

11. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Curious as to why you are selling the 115? Does it lack something? How does it compare to the 210/212? I assume they are all the same wattage.

12. Just wondering how you liked the 115 ? The least if you 're selling, I suppose.

By the way , I finally got my NY151 to go with my Berlin combo a few weeks ago and I'm thrilled.

13. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    I played through a MB210 II last week. Fantastic!

Something for my Christmas list.

I am officially done shopping for amps.

This is the amp for me, now I need the loot.

14. Davyo

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    The MB115 is a great combo but I'm selling it because I got the MB210 and MB212 now,,,,I have no need for the MB115 now that I have the other MB combos.

My bands are very very loud,,, I need an amp that can keep up with headroom to spare,,,, while the MB115 is a killer combo I need to keep the ones with the most power/wattage.

I used to own the Markbass Berlin with the NY115 ext cab,,,, that is a killer rig,,, congrats on getting it.

Cheers
    Davyo