Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pictures of the new basses.... Finally!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Aug 10, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    So here they are, they two newest... Warwick Corvette Fretless and Conklin GT-7. I am having a blast with the Warwick, but I just don't know if I am keeping the Conklin.... anyway, here they are!

[​IMG]

P@

2. Very nice!

What strings are you using on the Warwick?

Jeff

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    nice basses. before you give up on the conklin, try a new set of strings and a new battery. hear her at her best, before you toss her to the wolves ;)

4. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm not terribly sure, but I will have to set it up for me and find some string for it... I can only assume that the stock Warwick strings are still on it...

I am going to give 'er a full test before I decide anything.... I also have to take 'er to Bill Conklin to have the headstock repaired, the laminates are starting to come apart... I think it was dropped pretty good before I got it... Once the headstock is repaired and I get it all dialed in for me, then I will see what happens with it.... I kind of have a feeling I will keep it, if for no other reason than it scares the crap out of other players! My band has already said I have no need to bring it, which is understandable... This band is doing a pop-punk thing! But I will definately hold on to it for a while...

P@

5. Sa-weeet!

Have fun, those basses are really nice!

6. Would you recommend the Warwick for someone in search of a fretless? It looks nice. Is that ebony or rosewood?

7. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    well i don't own a corvette fretless.. but I have played them, and they sound great IMO

And those 2 basses are really good looking Pmkelly I like the conklin gt-7. I played one awhile back.. it was going for $600... i shoulda grabbed it.. but I don't really need 7 strings. ;)

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    That Warwick might have LaBella Black tapewounds on. Looks sharp those basses.

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    what a bunch of insecure tards. why don't they just worry about their own instruments and not pay any attention to you. :rolleyes:

sorry, that crap just chaffs my biscuits.

10. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

There are many nice fretless builders out there, but to answer your question in a word "yes."

If you are shopping for a fretless, would at least try out a Warwick.

Chas

11. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    yeah, it is a little irritating, but in their defense it is a punk sound they are looking for... So the p-bass-played-with-a-pick is a good choice... Or so they thought.... I showed them what my lakland skyline could do, even while played with a pick, and the are cool with that... and the Warwick has made appearances at rehearsal and will slide into the live set. They understand that I am more than a punk bassist, so the Conklin will do well for me in other stuff, and I will get it into what they are doing... not sure how yet, but they will have to put up with it!

12. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm not sure about the strings, so I will probably swap them out for something to get a frame of reference on... As far as starting out on a fretless, I would say the Warwicks would be hard to look over, a great solid bass. I am even thinking about trying out a fretted Warwick to see how it goes. I don't really need a fretted warwick right now, but who really does need another bass!

(cue new group bass shot)

say hello to the rest of my friends!

ps... I apologize in advance for the ugly bassist in the middle of the picture...

:D

P@
    [​IMG]

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think they need a reminder of what it really means to be "punk"

fight the good fight, brother! ;) :D

14. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    ya know what i say? take the conklin, play like you've never played b4, if they don't like it, it's a big bass, just hit 'em with it! i think they should jst let you play what you wanna play, and if it sounds good, leave it at that.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice stable ya got there PM.

That is the first Corvette I've seen that I've liked. All of a sudden, I see why people buy the. Up till this thread, I didn't see it...now I do. Cool lookin hunka wood.