1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Piece of cardboard in my Eden?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Wiz, Apr 2, 2013.

1. The Wiz

The Wiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Pomona
    There was something sliding around inside my Eden WTX500 so i took it apart and found that the only thing sliding was a red 5x2 ish piece of cardboard. I was horribly confused and took it out and reassembled the head. Does anyone know what this is?:confused: Was i not supposed to take it out? :ninja:

2. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    You're supposed to attach it to the spokes of your bicycle with clothes pins. ;)

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Put it back, it was probably the fan shroud. It needs to direct the air to cool the right components.

4. uOpt

uOpt

Jul 21, 2008
    Boston, MA, USA
    If you replace it with one recycled from a 1982 Time magazine you get a more vintage sound.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    1982 is VINTAGE these days? Oy. I'm getting old.

6. The Wiz

The Wiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Pomona
    It wasnt anywhere near the fan. and it was just laying down by one of the circuit boards i dont think that would do anything to guide air from the fan:eyebrow: Besides its an eden solid state how much cooling could it need :bag:

7. Slade N

Slade N Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    portland, or
    too bad it wasnt a gold ticket like Willy Wonka

8. Stick_Player

Stick_Player Banned

Nov 13, 2009
    Somewhere on the Alaska Panhandle (Juneau)
    Endorser: Plants vs. Zombies Pea Shooters
    Or a winning lottery or powerball ticket!

9. Enough to keep the "SS" output devices from burning up. :eyebrow:

10. :D

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ever notice in movies and TV shows that when someone says something similar, like "What could possibly go wrong?" it all goes wrong from that moment on? That's art imitating life, not the other way around.

12. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Sounds like what's on Bubba's tombstone....... his last words...... "Watch this!"

13. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    These class d amps are a new ball game. They're much smaller and all that room did give the heat somewhere to go.

I would be very careful with the newer amps as far as heat.