1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Piercing Moose

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Nov 22, 2000.

1. I read somewhere that Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails) plays with a Piercing Moose Octifuzz pedal. Where can I find one of these, and are there any better/alternative pedals that do the same?

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The good news is http://www.wayhuge.com/ the bad is they have been out of busines for at least a year.

Try http://www.harmonycentral.com and go to the effects reveiws section and look at the comments, some posters compare the product with other makers. Sorry thats all I have. They were never available here in UK so I have only heard of them.

From what I have learned on the web these pedals are extremely sought after, good luck.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Johnk made a clone last winter. Sounded REALLY good.

DirtyDuke, blindrabbit and jbybj like this.
  4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Wow, I haven't thought about HC in years. Used to read lots of reviews there then things went south for some reason, don't remember why but I never went back.

5. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    It basically morphed into the Gear Page

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Really? Still, there was a while when it was still Harmony Central, and had become wholly useless/ inaccessible to me.

7. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Any sound clips?

I'm still holding out hope that Jorge Tripps will produce a Mk II Piercing Moose one of these days.

8. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Partner - CCP Pedals

winterburn69 and bass08053 like this.