Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Piercing Moose

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nomadic Herder, Nov 22, 2000.

1. I read somewhere that Danny Lohner (Nine Inch Nails) plays with a Piercing Moose Octifuzz pedal. Where can I find one of these, and are there any better/alternative pedals that do the same?

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The good news is http://www.wayhuge.com/ the bad is they have been out of busines for at least a year.

Try http://www.harmonycentral.com and go to the effects reveiws section and look at the comments, some posters compare the product with other makers. Sorry thats all I have. They were never available here in UK so I have only heard of them.

From what I have learned on the web these pedals are extremely sought after, good luck.

3. Mosfed

Mosfed Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Johnk made a clone last winter. Sounded REALLY good.

DirtyDuke, blindrabbit and jbybj like this.
  4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Wow, I haven't thought about HC in years. Used to read lots of reviews there then things went south for some reason, don't remember why but I never went back.

5. Mosfed

Mosfed Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    It basically morphed into the Gear Page

6. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Really? Still, there was a while when it was still Harmony Central, and had become wholly useless/ inaccessible to me.

7. Any sound clips?

I'm still holding out hope that Jorge Tripps will produce a Mk II Piercing Moose one of these days.

8. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 4, 2012
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Partner - CCP Pedals

winterburn69 and bass08053 like this.