Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pierre-Yves Fuchs

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Peter Ferretti, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    NYC
    I was wondering what anyone new about these bows. I played on at Robertson and Sons last week and fell in love with it...he was asking around 4500. Is this a reasonable price for it? I am close to shelling out, as this outplayed Morizot's and the like that were priced at 7000-8000, and the bow fit my bass really, really well.

Thanks,
    Peter

2. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  3. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    NYC
    The bow I played was unparalleled...I may have to call and have a talk with aaron. When trying bows, I strongly recommend trying to get one of this cat's bows. The price fluctuates round 4000-5000. Well worth it, in my opinion.

4. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I met him a few weeks ago in Pa. at the VSA convention. I missed playing his Bow as it was sold the day before. I have no idea why a Morizot would be over 3-4k as they were a few years ago. Did they suddenly get better?

I have seen that Pierre and Sue Lipkins Bows go for a similar price now. They have both won the same awards so I would assume they are close to equal. I played one of Sue's Bows a few weeks ago as well and it had a huge sound.

I think the Bows from these two makers will sit with the Ranks of Sartory, A.Lamy and all the other great Frecnh makers of the past in due time. I played a Lamy 2 weeks ago for the 2nd time in a year and now that I have a Bultitude, it did not impress me as much as it did the first time. Not that I didn't like the Lamy but after owing the Bultitude and playing a Lipkins Bow I feel confident that I can do well without a Sartory or Lamy and save a few Ks in the process.

By the way, Pierre-Yves Fuchs was a very nice and humble guy when I met him. I still want to try one of his Bows out.