Pierre-Yves Fuchs

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Peter Ferretti, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    I was wondering what anyone new about these bows. I played on at Robertson and Sons last week and fell in love with it...he was asking around 4500. Is this a reasonable price for it? I am close to shelling out, as this outplayed Morizot's and the like that were priced at 7000-8000, and the bow fit my bass really, really well.

2. Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
  3. Peter Ferretti

Peter Ferretti Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2005
    The bow I played was unparalleled...I may have to call and have a talk with aaron. When trying bows, I strongly recommend trying to get one of this cat's bows. The price fluctuates round 4000-5000. Well worth it, in my opinion.
  4. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    I met him a few weeks ago in Pa. at the VSA convention. I missed playing his Bow as it was sold the day before. I have no idea why a Morizot would be over 3-4k as they were a few years ago. Did they suddenly get better?

I have seen that Pierre and Sue Lipkins Bows go for a similar price now. They have both won the same awards so I would assume they are close to equal. I played one of Sue's Bows a few weeks ago as well and it had a huge sound.

I think the Bows from these two makers will sit with the Ranks of Sartory, A.Lamy and all the other great Frecnh makers of the past in due time. I played a Lamy 2 weeks ago for the 2nd time in a year and now that I have a Bultitude, it did not impress me as much as it did the first time. Not that I didn't like the Lamy but after owing the Bultitude and playing a Lipkins Bow I feel confident that I can do well without a Sartory or Lamy and save a few Ks in the process.

By the way, Pierre-Yves Fuchs was a very nice and humble guy when I met him. I still want to try one of his Bows out.