1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Piezo bridge for a Lakland ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5fretless, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

Has anyone fitted a piezo bridge to their Lakland or had one installed by Dan ?

Bill

2. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I'm looking at retro-fitting Graphtech piezo saddles to my Lakland DJ4 ash/maple. I've spoken extensively to them and have now ordered the saddles with part number PN-8304-00, as well as the preamp and the optional volume/tone switch knob.

My initial concern was that the saddles on traditional Fender Jazzes/Precisions are 2 x 'left' facing and 2 x 'right' facing, whereas on the Lakland bridge they are all 'right' facing.

However, apparently this is not a problem for Graphtech. They just use the same saddles and insert the intonation screws for them in the other direction, so that all 4 saddles end up facing 'right'.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of all the parts, and I'm going to have to do a fair bit of surgery on the bridge of the bass; I'm also not going to be able to tackle the project for a couple of months secondary to work commitments.

Nonetheless, from having used the Graphtech system on another bass I am sure I will be pleased with the results.

I will post back to this thread (or ?a new thread) with photos etc when the project is complete.

Peter