Piezo bridge for a Lakland ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5fretless, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

Has anyone fitted a piezo bridge to their Lakland or had one installed by Dan ?

2. Peter Weil

Peter Weil Seeker of The New Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I'm looking at retro-fitting Graphtech piezo saddles to my Lakland DJ4 ash/maple. I've spoken extensively to them and have now ordered the saddles with part number PN-8304-00, as well as the preamp and the optional volume/tone switch knob.

My initial concern was that the saddles on traditional Fender Jazzes/Precisions are 2 x 'left' facing and 2 x 'right' facing, whereas on the Lakland bridge they are all 'right' facing.

However, apparently this is not a problem for Graphtech. They just use the same saddles and insert the intonation screws for them in the other direction, so that all 4 saddles end up facing 'right'.

I'm still awaiting the arrival of all the parts, and I'm going to have to do a fair bit of surgery on the bridge of the bass; I'm also not going to be able to tackle the project for a couple of months secondary to work commitments.

Nonetheless, from having used the Graphtech system on another bass I am sure I will be pleased with the results.

I will post back to this thread (or ?a new thread) with photos etc when the project is complete.