Piezo Passive Buffer?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tony moore, Jul 21, 2005.

1. I'm thinking of adding a piezo pup to a bass. The bass is already passive and I'd like to keep it that way. Is there a passive buffer anywhere that I can add to make the piezo and 2 passive pups friendly with one another?

Any other suggestions in wiring a piezo and 2 single coil magnetic pups?

2. The Wendler Electrocoustic bass has a passive magnetic/piezo system, but he won't tell you specifically how it's done. Check out their website.
  3. dave251

dave251 Wendler Instruments

Feb 5, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    I suppose it's possible, but my designs are based on three parameters...the "MagPi" system of course, plus the body lumber/carved shape, and most importantly to your question, the tall, quarter sawn maple bridge. I believe the less metal in the bass(or any instrument), the better.

I know you'd be able to get some piezo buffering with just the magnetic pickups, but I doubt it would be enough; piezos by themselves don't satisfy me personally, but then those are just my ears.
  4. doomars

Dec 26, 2013
    Hey people,
    Here is my situation. I've got a Japaneese made PB62 body (Fujigen factory '85-86 golden age) to build fretless bass. When I got it I found that it was passive piezo eguiped bass. Now I have a beautiful 4 string passive fretless from 70s. And I'm checking now how can I finish this project with passive piezo. I appreciate if anyone can help me with it. BTW I think they used special wood (one piece I believe) for this piezo bass. It is defenitely not ash or alder, maple or mahogany.

And thanks for all information I've got from this thread.

Attached Files: