Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Piezo Suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sargebaker, Feb 12, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible and how much it would cost to have Piezo saddles installed on my Carvin LB76F, I guess in retrospect I should have paid the extra 100$ and had the P upgrade. What are my choices of Piezo saddles (Hipshot style bridge, B i believe) Are piezo saddles expensive and is the installation lengthy/costly (I'd have it done professionally)

Thank You,
    Baker

2. jointus

jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    SATX
    I wonder if Carvin would sell you the piezo saddles? Maybe call Mike and see if it's possible. You would have to change the electronics module as well.
    I think that GraphTech makes piezo bass saddles to go with their 'Ghost System'. You might check into that as well. :)

3. I don't know of any saddles that will retrofit a Hipshot B bridge. RMC makes saddles that will fit an A Type Hipshot and ABM Bridges though.

4. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    RMC do not fit A style bridge from hipshot unless it has been specialy milled or unless the builder uses some trick (as carey did, as I assume you're reffering to him using RMC on one or two basse, maybe he'll chime in).

Fender type graphtech saddles have been used on style B bridges by Jacob marchlewsk succesfully but I don't think they were intended to be used on those bridges.