Piezo Suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sargebaker, Feb 12, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible and how much it would cost to have Piezo saddles installed on my Carvin LB76F, I guess in retrospect I should have paid the extra 100$ and had the P upgrade. What are my choices of Piezo saddles (Hipshot style bridge, B i believe) Are piezo saddles expensive and is the installation lengthy/costly (I'd have it done professionally)

Thank You,
  2. jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    I wonder if Carvin would sell you the piezo saddles? Maybe call Mike and see if it's possible. You would have to change the electronics module as well.
    I think that GraphTech makes piezo bass saddles to go with their 'Ghost System'. You might check into that as well. :)
  3. I don't know of any saddles that will retrofit a Hipshot B bridge. RMC makes saddles that will fit an A Type Hipshot and ABM Bridges though.
  4. JP Basses

JP Basses

Mar 22, 2002
    Paris FRANCE
    RMC do not fit A style bridge from hipshot unless it has been specialy milled or unless the builder uses some trick (as carey did, as I assume you're reffering to him using RMC on one or two basse, maybe he'll chime in).

Fender type graphtech saddles have been used on style B bridges by Jacob marchlewsk succesfully but I don't think they were intended to be used on those bridges.