Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

piezo

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Balor, Dec 7, 2001.

1. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    Anyone as any experience with RMC, Shadow or any other brand of piezo pick up out there? MY luthier as advised me to go RMC but it's far from affortable... and there not compatible with hipshot B type bridge:(
    On the other hand, ABM makes some briges with preinstalled piezo, but I haven't ben abel to find and brand they are or if they are any good at all... (relatively cheap compared to the purchase of the bridge and piezo separetly!?).
    Anyway, what's the word on quality, option and tone of the different piezo you've tried, please let me know.

thanks
    PL

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    From what I know, the ABM bridges have Shadow piezos in them. I'm moderately pleased with mine. Everything I've heard points to RMC being the best however.

Mine sound very good on the higher strings, and OK on the lower ones. The 'A' string sounds the worst, for some reason it doesn't have any midbass, so sounds fairly hollow. I know that they are pretty picky about setup, when I first got my bass the B and E strings sounded horrible, but just de-tuning and re-tuning the string would fix the problem. They also got better when I adjusted the saddle as close to vertical as I could.

3. Balor

Balor

Sep 24, 2000
    Montréal, Québec
    thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I've asked Shadow if they could make something for the Hipshot B type bridge... I might be lucky:)