Piezos on my Warwick

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Baryonyx, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Okay, I'm soon gonna be ordering a Warwick Thumb 6 string, and I am considering getting Piezo's installed. I like the sound of them, but I'm finding it hard to dig up info on the net about them. Do you think it will be a worthwhile investment?

Any infoon them/How they work would be appreciated.
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

piezo's have been covered adquately enough in previous post that you should be able to draw a bead on them. I've got peizo's in my Wave and I've tinkered with the cheap Radio shack ones spawned by the Radio Shack Piezo thread but there's also a heay hitter thread with Rick Turner and another maker expressing their thoughts.

Bottom line is my previous misconception was they useful for adding an precussive/airy/acoustic brightness to some tones I've ran across plenty since that makes it clear that a quality piezo system will pretty much go form 20hz- 20khz - but I've never heard that myself.

But In my experience the added peizo quality tone is tough to get any other way - whether that's a tone you'd want or use depends on you at the moment.