Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I was just wondering what type of company piezo's you would buy to fit a 1 piece bridge.

The sound I want:
    Dark and warm. I don't mind it sounding sterile.

oh, and I have around a 50-100 dollar budget
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

don't know much about piezo's (even though I have some) but I'll relay what I do know.

Quality piezo's (and tone) include matched electronics (ie. Rick Turners stuff). Cheap piezo's or those without matched electronics don't do dark (Bass) - they're thin, hollow, woodie, trebly sounding. Which can be a nice compliment but won't cut it alone - at all.

At what cost the cross-over occurs I have no clue.

There have been numerous posts, experimentation, information, and debates on piezo's which will come up in a TB search for "piezo(s)". You may not find your answer, but you will find someone who will have the answer - email/pm them. If they won't come to you, go to them.
  3. RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I don't know of *any* piezo out there made to fit a one piece bass bridge, which is why I played around with a diy version. Dark and warm is sort of contrary to a piezo's native output, which luknfur pointed out. The trick is the pre-amp circuit.