1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Piezo's?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Greg Johnsen, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I was just wondering what type of company piezo's you would buy to fit a 1 piece bridge.

The sound I want:
    Dark and warm. I don't mind it sounding sterile.

Greg

oh, and I have around a 50-100 dollar budget

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

don't know much about piezo's (even though I have some) but I'll relay what I do know.

Quality piezo's (and tone) include matched electronics (ie. Rick Turners stuff). Cheap piezo's or those without matched electronics don't do dark (Bass) - they're thin, hollow, woodie, trebly sounding. Which can be a nice compliment but won't cut it alone - at all.

At what cost the cross-over occurs I have no clue.

There have been numerous posts, experimentation, information, and debates on piezo's which will come up in a TB search for "piezo(s)". You may not find your answer, but you will find someone who will have the answer - email/pm them. If they won't come to you, go to them.

3. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I don't know of *any* piezo out there made to fit a one piece bass bridge, which is why I played around with a diy version. Dark and warm is sort of contrary to a piezo's native output, which luknfur pointed out. The trick is the pre-amp circuit.