1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pignose B100V, 100 watt all tube amp, in new custom headcase

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by JMac- Wiskerface Designs, Jun 16, 2014.

1. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Price:
    $400
    SOLD!
    Pignose B100V
    , 100 watt all tube amp, in a freshly built custom headcase covered in vintage vanilla Nubtex tolex. This amp is really clean, and still has the original tubes that came in it. From what I've read, these were designed by a former Ampeg guy, for pignose, and were offered in a head and combo format. Runs four 6L6GC's in the power section, and two 12AX7's in the pre. That said, sound/tone wise it has a very "Ampeg" kinda vibe to it, and is a neat little amp.

Asking $400, plus actual shipping cost (US sale only, please).

IMG_1180_zps7db55ba0.

IMG_1181_zpsaf9c3158.

IMG_1182_zpsf0567cd4.

IMG_1183_zps7b28fc8f.

IMG_1184_zpsea50f74c.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    moe.moe and mpdd like this.
  2. moe.moe

moe.moe Endorsed by Mercy & Grace ™

Jun 22, 2008
    Earth (for now)
    Bump for a pretty cool amp! :cool:

3. JC87

JC87

Sep 25, 2013
    PM'd

4. FN Sexy!!!

5. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Replied!

Thanks Guys!

6. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    curious, how much clean headroom does it have? i recently had a 70's V4B, which didn't have quite enough clean headroom for me. i'm curious how this compares.

7. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Having owned both this amp, and a early 70's V4, I can honestly say, that they're gonna be fairly close in the clean headroom dept, but the character of the sound will be a bit different. That said, if I recall correctly the V-4 would start to get dirty, and have some really nice breakup at just past 10 o'clock, but seemed to have a little more "grumph" to it's sound, while this amp stays cleaner all the way up, it starts to compress a bit more once You get the volume past noon, and goes into full breakup just past 2 o'clock, and doesn't really get any louder. If that makes sense, lol.

8. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    The pignose is sold!

Squanch72 and JC87 like this.