Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pignose battery powered amp, BBE DI

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by vanselus, Jan 28, 2005.

1. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Pignose HOG-30
    Battery powered amp, brand spankin new, sounds surprisingly good. $100 **SOLD**

BBE DI-100x
    DI with maximizer $100 obo **SOLD**

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I might be interested in the BBE DI, would you be interested in any trades at all?

3. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Definitely interested in Pignose. How much does it weigh? Does it REALLY sound good?

Thanks, Alan

4. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Sure, what do you have in mind?

5. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None

They say around 28lbs, although I would have guessed lighter than that. It really sounds good for what it is - an 8" speaker that's battery powered. Don't expect thundering lows, but for jammin at the campground, it works quite good, and produces a nice amount of volume.

6. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Todd, I was poking around the internet and found mention of it being 15 lbs. Is that possible?

Alan

7. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I bet that's right - 15 lbs sounds more like it. I looked around a little more, seems like the 28lbs is the SHIPPING weight.

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i've got a hog 30. it's pretty light. i wouldn't walk miles with it but it's definitely no problem carrying from the car to wherever you're going. i use it as a practice amp in the house. i've used it at the beach, camping, even for a little outdoor show for a small group of people once. i think it kicks butt, and is soooo totally worth the money.

only problem i had is with the batteries - I believe mine might be defective. the batteries died 2 times. the guy at pignose happily replaced them even after my warranty had expired (even express mailed them to me cuz I needed them quickly). it currently only runs on AC, haven't replaced after the second death. i think there's something about recharging them, or leaving the amp plugged in all the time that i wasn't supposed to do. whatever. i'd question vanselus about this before purchasing - if there's no problem with the recharging the amp is worth it's weight in gold.

oh yeah - the sound description given already is accurate.

9. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Yeah, you're not supposed to leave it plugged in all the time. No problems with this battery, I've played for over an hour and it never ran out of juice. Always charges like a pro too.

10. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    PIGNOSE IS SOLD.

Just the DI left, i'll take trades and offers.

Thanks!

11. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    Everything is sold. Thanks!