1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pigtronix Disnortion - Fuzz / Distortion / Octava - Most Versatile Drive Pedal Ever

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by squarewave, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

Hi- I have for sale this very nice Pigtronix Disnortion pedal. You can read many accounts of it here on talkbass, and find more information on the pigtronix website, including sound samples and the manual.

This is the most versatile drive effect I have come across. I've had it for two years, but it hasn't left my house, so the condition is excellent. I've sold off all of my drive pedals other than this one and the Flipster, I'm going to keep the Flipster.

You can get from mild, touch-sensitive drive, to over-the-top fuzzed out sounds. The Fuzz circut has 6 selectable shapes. The Octava effect adds a lot of higher-order harmonics, which sound awesome when filtered or phased. There is a "clean" out to go to a trigger, or tuner, or parallel chain.

Features:
    [​IMG]

I'm asking for $115 shipped in the continental US for this pedal and power supply. PM or post any questions. Check out my feedback. Paypal or other forms of payment accepted.

Photos:
    DSCI0011.

DSCI0013.

DSCI0012.

DSCI0015.

2. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    cool deal! someone will snatch this up before I do, but I've always wanted one of these...

3. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thanks Sir Nose,

It is a really cool sounding pedal. I have the Pigtronix EP-1 envelope phaser too, and can hook the "clean" output on the Disnortion into the trigger input of the filter. This allows the full, unaffected dynamics of your playing to act as the trigger signal for the envelope follower, even when the audio signal is fuzzed and Octava'd into synth-sounding territory. If I put a volume pedal on the trigger signal, I can vary the triggering of the filter by foot (very expressive).

Someone will give this pedal a good home. It's a good value at $115. I just sold a Tech21 VT Bass for $125, which is a cool pedal in it's own right, but this Pigtronix unit in infinitely more versatile.

4. CliffD

CliffD Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    PM'd.

5. squarewave

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.