Pigtronix Launches Mothership 2 Analog Synth Pedal

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jul 18, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    July 17, 2017 (Port Jefferson, NY) - After years of development, Pigtronix is now launching the second version of its legendary Mothership analog synth pedal. Mothership 2 is a velocity sensitive, pitch-tracking, three-voice analog synthesizer with oscillator hard sync and pitch modulation via portamento and CV / expression control. Housed in a compact aluminum chassis, this state-of-the-art pedal goes lightyears beyond the original Mothership, delivering a user-friendly guitar synth with real-time pitch and amplitude tracking, switchable preset tunings and a devastating Sync effect that delivers new modulation effects for guitar, bass and anyone brave enough to plug in to the analog future of Pigtronix.

The Sync effect found in the Mothership 2 can be dialled in to create a staggering array of unique sounds using the Sweep and Timbre controls as well the on-board Glide function to achieve modulation and pitch effects that sweep from one note to another with adjustable timing. An optional expression pedal / CV input can also be used to modulate the VCO in parallel with the on-board knobs and Glide function, creating "Sync Sweep" effects from another planet.

Features:
    • Three analog oscillators: Triangle, Square, Sub-octave (Sine)
    • World's fastest pitch tracking circuit
    • Velocity-sensitive dynamics control
    • Glide control for pitch-following portamento
    • Hard sync function w/ glide modulation
    • TRS expression / TS CV input (0-5V range)
    • sub-octave output removes sub-octave from main output
    • 18VDC operation (300mA power supply included)
    • True bypass
    The dashboard of the Mothership 2 contains five, custom-made, dual-concentric potentiometers and a pair of toggle switches.

The top row of controls provides individual level knobs for VCO (Triangle wave) and Square-wave voices as well as the original Clean guitar sound and a gut-busting Sub-octave Sine wave voice that can be removed from the main mix bus and sent to its own dedicated bass amplifier when the SUB output jack is used.

The middle row of controls provides Master Volume, Glide, Fine-Tune and an adjustable Dynamics function that allows the player to adjust the "feel" of the synth's amplitude tracking.

The bottom row of controls contains the three-way tuning switch with Unison, Octave Up, and Interval (Maj 3rd, 4th, 5th) presets as well as a new Sync function that slaves the VCO's Triangle and Square wave oscillators to the input signal, creating a pitch-locked, unison sound with complex harmonics and overtones that can be modulated.

The Mothership 2 will be available for $249 USD, starting in September 2017.

Mothership 2 official product page:
    https://pigtronix.com/products/mothership-2

pigtronix_mothership2.

2. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue

Oct 9, 2016
    You have my attention.

--^@

SirMjac28 and gregmon79 like this.
  3. Seems very cool in theory. :thumbsup: But I'll need some first hand experience with it to say anything more than theoretical. :cool:

Novarocker likes this.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    That demo on their page sounds pretty strong to me.

HolmeBass likes this.
  5. BFunk

BFunk Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sweet!!

6. hbabels

hbabels

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah that looks awesome, plus a small footprint for a synth type pedal!!

arrowsun likes this.
  7. Well that has induced some definite GAS!

8. arrowsun

arrowsun Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2014
    California
    I'm confused. This is talkbass. There is no bass demo on your website. Only guitar. Shame on you!

Ant Illington, nolaguy and daddymactx like this.
  9. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Mine. Wish I'd never sold my V1.

10. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    What happened to the "intelligent" ring mod? :(

11. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    interesting.

12. ficelles

ficelles

Feb 28, 2010
    Devon, England
    Looks like that's been replaced by the ability to have sine and square waves at the same time... although being able to footswitch in and out two of the three voices is gone. I'm looking forward to trying this new one anyhow, the smaller enclosure is a great improvement.

13. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    The Mothership 1 left a bit to be desired.

For their sake, I hope they crushed it with #2.

14. MisterV619

MisterV619

May 15, 2006
    18V :( Isn't the Future Impact 9v?
    The demo does sound great and I look forward to seeing and hearing the bass demos.

15. ChrisJDunaway

ChrisJDunaway

Aug 31, 2017
    World's fastest pitch tracking circuit!
    I always felt that the tracking on the Mothership wasn't perfect, so i'm excited to see this one in action

16. mr2xbass

mr2xbass

Oct 2, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'm durn near ready to just buy this without seeing or hearing any bass demos.
    I've had a TWA Great Divide 2.0, and currently have both a FI and IE Subterranea on my board (in parallel). Of those three, the GD had the best tracking, better than ANY synth pedal I've ever played.
    I have the IE and FI currently because as incomparably amazing as the FI is, there is no substitute for pure analog circuit generated sub octave.
    Run a board with MS2, FI, and IE?? Maybe, but more likely I will sell off the IESubt.
    ..also because I wanna pick up a TWA Dynamorph, but that's a different thread altogether.