Pigtronix OFO Disnortion

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI

Here's more fuel for the fire.
    This is the new offering from the Pig People and it looks like they may have a hit on their hands...again. Can't wait to hear this thing.
  2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    ..And imagine it in the insert loop of the Piggie PHASOR.

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    The OFO made its debut this morning at NAMM - they said they'll put up some samples in February when they get back to New York.
  4. Coolcow666

Coolcow666 Ribonucleic acid freak out!

Jan 20, 2006
    Any idea when these will go on sale/how much it will cost? I purchased the EP-1 and was more then happy with it and the company (some of the best customer service you could imagine). This was such good news I had to breakdown and register to post hah. :D
  5. I can feel my gas waking up. I wonder how good would that overdrive be for bass? I guess it is primarily meant for guitar.
  6. I can assure you that it is awesome. I tried one at NAMM and the maker graciously let me one home. It is great, has awesome response, two indepent voicing for fuzz and overdrive and combinable octave up drive. Killer job on head room and bass and no FREAKIN noise. None. Best thing that came out of that trip from coast to coast.
  7. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    this sounds like it would be right up my alley. how does the octave-up setting sound, StoutXXX?
  8. Whats the fuzz like???
    This thing sounds awsome. mmmm fuzzz...
  9. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
  10. Damn Im not advanced enough in jedi computer skills to post clips. The fuzz has a bunch of different tone voicings to chose from like scooped or thuddy or just high end fuzz. The overdrive has tons of lows and a tone control. I use fuzz for bite and overdrive for lows. Kiler pedal. Octave up is weird..its really interactive and sounds pretty wacky blended with other distortions. Im still trying to find my sound and get control of the octave part to be honest. I gotta have that filter phaser now man.
  11. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I picked up a disnortion at NAMM as well. All I can say, is that the sucker kills!! I was walking by and I heard this tone coming out of somewhere. Sure enough it was David Bennet demoing in the Pigtronix on an ep1 and a disnortion. I listened for five minutes and that was it!! I was sold!! Had to have it, even though I knew I would be more broke than I already was:crying:

Anyways, I LOVE it. Super fat creamy distortion. I don't know how else to say it, but it makes every other bass distortion sound cheap or something. The disnortions overdrive and fuzz are super thick and juicy, and the octaver is almost like a ring modulator at times. Certain intervals it likes, others sound totally atonal and wierd. Its awesome. For the folks who have one, try playing a minor third doublestop up high on the G&D strings. Wierd city. Certain combinations of the two pedals give the sound a really nasty synth-ish tone, kind of square wavy and nasty.

The pigtronix stuff is amazing, and having the EP1 and the Disnortion is like having five stompboxes in two pedals.

Kudos to David Koltai!
  12. Damn looks likes his pedals are all floating to the east coast! So far that makes three disnortions in the Carolinas
  13. CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    So, what was the price of Disnortion?
  14. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I think it lists right around the same as the EP-1, maybe a tad less.

Hey Stout, did david mention any possible mods for the OFO, I'd be curious.
  15. Im not sure but since its brand spanking new im sure he might come up with something. I think theres only like 15 of them out right now...my pedal never even got painted...its like #4 and the first one of the group with what David said was the final circuit board. So im sure theres more to come.
  16. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE

I dunno if someone can confirm this but apparently this pedal was designed by former Electro Harmonix engenieer Howard Davis, the mastermind behind the Deluxe Memoryman among others.
  17. Wow I'm late on this, but where... can... I... buy a disnortion!>?
  18. Confirmed.
  19. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm definately looking forward to checking this out.
  20. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    im prob gonna cave in an order one tomorrow.....i'll put clips up if i ever get one.