Pigtronix Owners!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JES, Oct 23, 2005.

1. JES

JES Supporting Member

Hi There,

I need a reality check. I tried out a pedal in the store and loved it but I think the one I bought is defective.

The sales guy kindly gave me a pristine new one in the box, rather than the floor model I tried.

The envelope part seems to work fine, but when I turn it to LFO mode, the green light doesn't pulse at all -- it stays off -- and indeed, I hear no phasing -- whereas I heard pronounced and awesome phasing in the store. I dare say it was the phasing I've always heard in my head. Anyway, I've tried it in normal and inverted mode and the on/off switch and had no luck.

I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong before I exchange it.

2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    IIRC - that's not right.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Contact David Koltai at koltai@pigtronix.com he's the owner and I'm sure he will have no problem answering any ?'s you may have
  4. JES

JES Supporting Member

I contacted the owner and he seems quite on top of it. I'm mailing out my pedal today or tomorrow.

5. seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    As long as this thread is already up addressing Pigtronix owners...

I'm very interested in one of these pedals. I just picked up a Meatball and I was considering this pedal before I bought the Lovetone pedal. Since the Meatball is more of an envelope filter than I could ever ask for... can I turn down the envelope effect on the EP-1? I'd really like to use the phase of the EP-1 and the envelope of the meatball.
  6. JES

JES Supporting Member

You can turn off the envelope filter and use the LFO (which can also be controlled with an external foot pedal) so you can use it like a regular phaser.

PS -- My pedal is currently under repair. I'll post an update when it arrives back.
  7. seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Thanks Jes... I just visited the website and spent a little more time there than I did on my first visit. I feel like an idiot :ninja:

Can't wait to hear what you think about one of these in great working order!
  8. Yeah, all you've gotta do is stomp the EF/LFO switch and it switches out completely. We tested my EP-1 pretty thoroughly yesterday at the DC GTG. You've really gotta tweak it the bass you're using, but once you get it together, it's a funk monsta.
  9. JES

JES Supporting Member

Well, the fixed pedal arrived at work today and I just spent half hour with it (that's all I have tonight). Absolutely monster sounds, and the marv mod is absolutely crazy. I'll post more in depth next week when I've had some time to play with it. The service was great though. I'd definitely recommend the company, awesome sounding pedal aside.